Dreamwatch Magazine

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

The interview itself is mainly about upcoming projects and the possbility of another "X-Files" film, but there's one section where Chris comments about the shows he created (complete with a still from 'Beware of the Dog'). Here's what he had to say on "Millennium":

"It got a little lost in some places, but I think that, as with The X-Files, Millennium was never a show anyone just phoned in. It was a show that really attempted to be a great murder-mystery with a millennial hook, certainly in its first and third seasons. It was very well-produced. When you watch shows like CSI today, you can see a lot of Millennium and The X-Files in them."

Oh, it did get lost in some places... mainly the beginning of Season 3 :D. I do agree that it was very well-produced and was ahead of its time. So yeah I guess I agree with Chris Carter for the most part; I just disagree on where the show "got a little lost".

Guest betweenthelines
Thanks for the heads up! Is this a USA based magazine? Not sure which country you are from!

No, it's a British magazine. It's available in the US but it costs almost seven bucks.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
The interview itself is mainly about upcoming projects and the possbility of another "X-Files" film, but there's one section where Chris comments about the shows he created (complete with a still from 'Beware of the Dog'). Here's what he had to say on "Millennium":

"It got a little lost in some places, but I think that, as with The X-Files, Millennium was never a show anyone just phoned in. It was a show that really attempted to be a great murder-mystery with a millennial hook, certainly in its first and third seasons. It was very well-produced. When you watch shows like CSI today, you can see a lot of Millennium and The X-Files in them."

Oh, it did get lost in some places... mainly the beginning of Season 3 :D. I do agree that it was very well-produced and was ahead of its time. So yeah I guess I agree with Chris Carter for the most part; I just disagree on where the show "got a little lost".

Hey, this is a great find! Thanks BTL! I'm gonna look and see if I can find the rest of the article on-line hopefully; I'd love to read about any of his 'upcoming projects' and defininitely about a new X-Files film! :clapping:

Guest betweenthelines

About the second X-Files movie:

DW: ...There's been far more talk of another possible project you've been linked to: the second X-Files movie. Are you tired of being asked about your progress on that film yet?

CC: I'm not so much tired as just somewhat confused by why it hasn't happened yet. Actually, it's not even confusion--it's frustration. Frank Spotnitz and I worked many months coming up with a nice story for the movie and I know everyone wants to do it. There seems to be a lot of excitement about the film.

I think what has happened is that there are business considerations along the way. That's really the impediment. Fox is sensibly looking at how much business the original movie did and they want to make the next X-Files movie for a price. That's fine and well, it's just the price of movie production has gone up more since we made the first film, so everyone has to factor in what kind of movie we want to make and whether we can make it for the money they want to make it for.

DW: Is it true that you also want to make the second X-Files film far scarier than anything the series ever did?

CC: You can only scare people to a certain extent on television because you are hamstrung by network standards, so there are certain things you can do on the big screen that you couldn't do with a stand-alone episode on the TV screen. One of our scariest episode was 'Home'; we were actually disallowed from showing that a second time on our network run because there were so many complaints about it being too graphic. It's funny because that's one of our most popular episodes. So when you're trying to make a scary TV show, you're limited as to how you can scare people. On the big screen those limitations are less.

DW: Will the movie feature Mulder and Scully alongside Doggett and Reyes?

CC: Never say never. It will be a Mulder and Scully movie . . . I don't know who else would appear in it. Of course we all love those actors and love working with them.

DW: Are you planning to direct the second X-Files movie?

CC: There's been talk of that, but the script hasn't been written yet and who knows if the film will happen for sure . . . I can say I do want to be able to direct it if I so choose.

That was the extent of discussion on another X/F film. Personally I'd like to find out more about the story and what sort of case they'll be investigating.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
About the second X-Files movie:

DW: ...There's been far more talk of another possible project you've been linked to: the second X-Files movie. Are you tired of being asked about your progress on that film yet?

CC: I'm not so much tired as just somewhat confused by why it hasn't happened yet. Actually, it's not even confusion--it's frustration. Frank Spotnitz and I worked many months coming up with a nice story for the movie and I know everyone wants to do it. There seems to be a lot of excitement about the film.

I think what has happened is that there are business considerations along the way. That's really the impediment. Fox is sensibly looking at how much business the original movie did and they want to make the next X-Files movie for a price. That's fine and well, it's just the price of movie production has gone up more since we made the first film, so everyone has to factor in what kind of movie we want to make and whether we can make it for the money they want to make it for.

DW: Is it true that you also want to make the second X-Files film far scarier than anything the series ever did?

CC: You can only scare people to a certain extent on television because you are hamstrung by network standards, so there are certain things you can do on the big screen that you couldn't do with a stand-alone episode on the TV screen. One of our scariest episode was 'Home'; we were actually disallowed from showing that a second time on our network run because there were so many complaints about it being too graphic. It's funny because that's one of our most popular episodes. So when you're trying to make a scary TV show, you're limited as to how you can scare people. On the big screen those limitations are less.

DW: Will the movie feature Mulder and Scully alongside Doggett and Reyes?

CC: Never say never. It will be a Mulder and Scully movie . . . I don't know who else would appear in it. Of course we all love those actors and love working with them.

DW: Are you planning to direct the second X-Files movie?

CC: There's been talk of that, but the script hasn't been written yet and who knows if the film will happen for sure . . . I can say I do want to be able to direct it if I so choose.

That was the extent of discussion on another X/F film. Personally I'd like to find out more about the story and what sort of case they'll be investigating.

Thanks BTL! Lets all hold our breath and see... :praying:

Of course with the studios absolutely determined ONLY to remake older semi-classic films it will be a friggin' miracle if they do. I guess the guys cannot go the indie route unfortunately, probably because of the rights... Otherwise, I would think they could get indie financing in a heartbeat and likely make many, many millions while FOX sits on it's ass...

Geez, if it is gonna be THIS hard just to make another X-Files film, can you imagine how friggin' impossible it's gonna be EVER to see a MillenniuM film...

• 1 month later...
Guest TheStarsAreDown

What issue of Dreamwatch did this interview appear in?

There used to be two editions of Dreamwatch; I believe the US edition is no longer published and has now been combined with the UK version.

www.titanmagazines.com

Guest gmcp

It's good to hear from Chris Carter again!

I'm glad to hear that he's still talking about the movie, I'd very much like to see it happen.

Can anyone find a full transcript anywhere? I'd love to see the entire interview.