Hello

Rate this topic

Guest ein042

Guest ein042

Hi. Still finding my feet here. I was an avid fan of the show and thanks to my son finding a few transcripts for me a while back it rekindled the flame so to speak.

You have an amazing board here but a bit overwhelming at first. I saw Graham's comment about members not posting so guilt drove me out of lurkdom. Please be patient with me as I REALLY loved this show and the posts I've read so far have sparked the emotions I felt when it first aired.

It' so great to see others affected the way I was.

Bonnie

• Elders (Moderators)

Hi again Bonnie. It's good to come out of lurkerdom, isn't it?  :D There's lots of places where I've felt too awkward about launching myself into a group where it seems everybody knows everybody else already, but one of the many good things about this forum is that there are lots of us who are new (or new-ish) so we're still at the stage of getting to know each other. So, it's a good time for other lurkers to join in as well.

It's also a very friendly forum where I feel I can begin expressing my thoughts about the show at the same time as reading other people's views - as I don't know anyone in Real Life who appreciates the show I'm not used to discussing it, and I've already realised from reading what other people have said that there are aspects to episodes I've missed.

By the way, what a helpful offspring you've got - one of mine advised me against watching Millennium as she thought I'd find it too disturbing. I did take her advice seriously for a while, which is why I'm a relative late-comer to the show. I have forgiven her.  :laugh:

Libby

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

Welcome aboard Bonnie!

Apologies if you found the Board overwhelming at first but feedback like that is useful as surprisingly we don't get a lot back (look at the Feedback forum - it's empty!).

By splitting the Board into sections we thought it would be easier for Members to find exactly what they want. I understand what you mean though, there are a lot of facilities and options to browse through!

Hope you continue to enjoy TIWWA.

Regards,

Graham. :ouro:

Bonnie...Welcome to THIS IS WHO WE ARE!

I understand what you mean about feeling overwhelmed!  I've only been using the internet since January, so ALL this is new to me!  Plus, I'm kind of a recluse anyway, which didn't make getting going here any easier.  Heck, it took me a week to figure out what "Post" even ment! :rofl: But eveyone here is so great...So friendly and supportive...You'll fit right in!  Sometimes it helps to start in a not-so-serious disscussion.  I "got my feet wet" in the discussion "Where's everybody from in here" in the off-topic "Coffie lounge".  Also, being female, you might want to visit the disscussion "Women Who Find Frank Black Irresistable" that I started! :kissypoo:

Anyway, I, and I'm sure everyone else here, looks forward to getting to know you!  Welcome to our little corner of the web!

I'm sure you'll fit right in!

THIS IS WHO WE ARE

RAVEN WOLF

:ouro:ERIN  (RAVEN WOLF)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ein042

Thanks Raven,

Sorry it took so long to get back. Didn't know that when you log out you have a heck of a time getting back in. Got stuck in a kind of loop??

Are there some threads hear new members aren't permitted in? Because even though i was logged in i was told i wasn't.

Yes I do find Frank incredibly sexy and did even before I saw him on Milennium :love:

I'll check out your thread.

Again thanx for the welcome and please forgive my seeming incredible rudeness. still getting the hang of it :D

Bonnie

Guest Dixon

Bonnie,

I can appreciate your username and icon, being a fellow Cowboy Bebop fanatic as well as a Millennium fan.  While there's currently no trace of the latter series on the U.S. airwaves we are, thankfully, able to get our nightly Bebop fix thanks to Cartoon Network.  I'm looking forward to Monday night's showing of Ed and Ein's wacky solo adventure, "Mushroom Samba."

Welcome to the board!  It's good to have you with us.

Guest ein042

Thanks Brian,

Unfortunatly I don't have cable right now  :(  I do have the first 6 seasons on DVD, an have seen the movie thanks to my son (shhh). Incredibly powerful scripts there. Yeah Ein doesn't stand for Einstien in my case but I figure I'm at least as smart as a genetically enhanced dog, lol!

Bonnie,

Are you with AOL? (as Graham calls it AO HELL! :devil: )

I am, & had the same trouble you described.  I think it's a problem with your server.  Mine was! :angryred:

Try this...At the bottom left hand corner of your screen there's the word "Start", where you click to log-off.  Click that, and look for Internet Explorer, or a blue "e" on a little white sqare or something.  (Sorry, new at this, and don't know what your set-up is like)  Click that to use Internet Explorer, and type in the address of This Is Who We Are.  Let me know if that helps! :D

P.S.  Glad to know I'm not alone in my lust for Frank! :love:

:ouro:THIS IS WHO WE ARE :ouro:

RAVEN WOLF

ERIN

Guest ein042

Yeah Erin,

I'm now using the Explorer an so far seems to be okay. Can't begin to describe the probs I had with AOL. I'm in a few groups in Yahoo and those two don't get along at all!! Thanks for the tip.

And Brian,

I meant to say I have 6 dvds of the show. duh! guess I'm not as smart as the dog  :(

...ERIN-(raven wolf): denise and i had the feeling that using outlook express might ease some of your troubles. good to hear!

:D

~se7en :ouro: