The Sound Of Snow

Rate this topic

Having just watched the segments of the show i question, it almost looks like a hallucination as well as recovered memories, or maybe better realized memories, if there is a difference. The beginning of the sequence has Catherine is holding Frank and then and at the the end, Frank is holding Catherine. Like it has been stated in a few other threads, I know I waited 12 long episodes resolution, which I think was done quite well.

:rock2:

I picked up on the exchange of Catherine and Frank's positions as well IHGI and took that to imply that it is a hallucinogenic experience as it seems to have been used to give the scene a hint of surrealism rather than realism. I think the point the episode is trying to make is that the experiences caused by the white noise are every bit as real as any other experience we may undergo. The fact that these experiences can kill is testimony to that fact. Real or unreal, Frank got his wife back and he was grateful for that.

Eth

It is a scientific and biological belief, and maybe a fact, that the sub-conscious remembers everything, and in living color, whereas the conscious mind forgets. :suspect:

I say again, this is one of my favorite episodes. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
Guest I Made This

Definitely a season three highlight, can I just ask, no matter how many times you watch it, does anybody else, like me, still jump during the teaser when the ice cracks. Seriously, I always seem to lunge three feet in the air at the moment, but truly brilliant, it's a joy to see Megan Gallagher back on the show at this stage and those final moments are beautiful. The scene where the episode flashbacks to Catherine dying in Frank's arms and he says "don't go" move me to tears everytime. I know season three isn't the most popular season with many, from I've read over the years, but it's episodes like this that show the series still had the ability to be truly brilliant.

I totally agree, this was a brilliant episode and definitely one of the highlights of season three.

OMG, yes, the ice cracking. Every time I see this episode it startles me because I forget about it. Pretty sure I've passed you up by lunging four feet. w00t2.gif

Guest I Made This

I totally agree, this was a brilliant episode and definitely one of the highlights of season three.

OMG, yes, the ice cracking. Every time I see this episode it startles me because I forget about it. Pretty sure I've passed you up by lunging four feet. w00t2.gif

Well then, I'll see your four feet and raise you five. laugh.gif

• 4 years later...

A great episode...my  only qualm is that Frank, knowing the tapes can affect a person's perception of reality, tests that theory while driving! Aside from that it was a touching farewell to Catherine, as Frank is allowed to remember spending her last moments with her. Knowing she didn't die alone sets him free from the guilt he was carrying.

Obviously Frank wasn't thinking straight, or he just really didn't understand to what extreme the tapes could effect someone.  Perception of reality is one thing, but illusions/visions are another, giving you basically "tunnel vision."  Maybe that's what the tapes did to the brain, gave it "tunnel vision."

We all could use a tape to help set us free from whatever baggage we still carry from our past.  Just don't drive.

• Like 1