Millennium Alive and Well

Rate this topic

I heard a report tonight on NPR about Buffy Scholars.  Aparently, there is a huge following amoung academia of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  They have already held a Buffy Studies Symposium or something like that, and a getting ready to hold the 2nd annual one.  There is talk amoung academia to continue exploring the philosophical, literary, and intellectual value of Buffy long after it is up comming final episodes.  They all voice the desire to have Buffy live on in various forums, essays, etc.

While I was listening to this report, and the furvor surrounding the show, etc... I couldn't help but think of the MLM community, the discussions we have here, the potential for the future of MLM fandom, and the fact that our fervor for keeping MLM alive for the past 4 years, with no end in sight.  In fact, judgeing from what I hear at this board, and through individual emails and pms with MLM fans, it almost seems like MLM is even more popular now!  I am always hearing people say that the never really watched MLM while it was actually airing.  They indicate they got into later on, after they heard about it, or was turned onto it by a friend with copies of the eps, etc.

Hearing that report on the Buffy fandom, made me sort of proud that the MLM community has been keeping our show alive and well with new "spirit" and ideas all the time.  I also couldn't help but think that the academic community would find MLM at least as stimulating and rich for exploration as Buffy.  Would be interesting to find out if their was or is a following of MLM among academia.

Anyway, just waxing sentimental.

Upbeatness to all,

:hands4: Scott

......while i won't mourn the passing of buffy in the least-(i deplore joss whedon)-i hear what you mean about the peculiarity regarding MM-fandom. if FX ever releases MM to other outlets here in the states the show has the "potential" to attract and reach a completely "new" fanbase hence the "need" in my view for this forum and all the other MM-websites.

BTW: MM was part of a college program in,i "think",1998 or 1999 as part of a study on the upcoming millennium and the effects it has/had on pop culture and other areas. i don't know to what degree the show was a part of this program but it was nice knowing it was included just the same!

~peace,

se7en :ouro:

That's cool to hear about MLM being included in the program.  I definitely agree about the need for this forum and all the fan sites.  This thing just keeps growing... "You can't stop it!"

Nice millenniumistic touch with the blood red writing! BTW

:hands4: Scott

......BTW: it's great having you "back aboard the board!" :p

...and we definately DO plan on painting our new addition-(which "could" be in place by the weekend  :jumping:)-a nice bright yellow. i like what it signifies and it certainly is fitting for us! i say we have a "yellow house painting BBQ" with all sorts of artery-cloggy-yummy-meat  :tasty:!!! a fella can dream,eh?

~se7en  :ouro:

HI GUYS!  Dave...How ya' doin'?  Scott...Glad your back!

The great ones never realy die!  We keep them alive forever!

:ouro:THIS IS WHO WE ARE :ouro:

RAVEN WOLF

P.S.  Ditto on the red writting.  How'd you do that? :cool:  :suspect:

HI GUYS!  Dave...How ya' doin'?  Scott...Glad your back!

The great ones never realy die!  We keep them alive forever!

:ouro:THIS IS WHO WE ARE :ouro:

RAVEN WOLF

.............the secret: "viral chicken eggs" and "kosher ham" steaks every morning for breakfast,with a pot of "wisconsin-brand-coffee" to wash it all down.-(it improves the disposition! :gaba:  :rofl:  :suspect: )

~ecaep,

se7en :ouro:

....."HOLY ANTITOXIN",PETER,I'M 400 POSTS OLD AND I JUST EARNED MY 3RD "ORO"!!!  :smokin:

~thank "my" god-(don't want to offend any atheists out there... :arguing:)-for "TIWWA"!!!

~se7en  :ouro:  :ouro:  :ouro::angel:

• Elders (Admins)
RAVEN WOLF

Erin,

You go to Your Control Panel at the top of the screen and select Personal Info, then Edit Your profile. It's down the bottom.

Gra.

......EEEEKS! it was my intention,after writing down my silliness,to explain how to change the text colors;but my slippery-slope of a mind forgot to add the "P.S."  :cry:   ...my humblest apologies for my error! :down:

~se7en :ouro: