Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest RodimusBen

Yeah, if you don't like that kind of ambiguity, you're going to have problems with the Legion episodes.

Guest Black's Babe

Lucy and Frank Black bumpin uglies, FREAKED ME OUT!

The scene when she make Una think she was polishing hubby's knob was PRICELESS!

I swear men can be T00LS at times, why didn't he 0ffer up the sleeve for Lucy to remove the button?

One question...

was the Boa swallowing scene a "symbolic" way of showing Lucy takin posession of Davina?

Always like when Mark Snow plays the demonic chimes, like in X-Files The Calusari and Die Hand die Verietzt.

they were more subtle in Antipas, not used as much.

Edited by Black's Babe

Guest Laurent.
was the Boa swallowing scene a "symbolic" way of showing Lucy takin posession of Davina?

Always like when Mark Snow plays the demonic chimes, like in X-Files The Calusari and Die Hand die Verietzt.

they were more subtle in Antipas, not used as much.

Yes, that's also what I think

And I completely agree with your comment on Mark Snow's work. Although I often feel that he could use a little less vocals in some of his "evil" tracks, they are usually pretty good. For example, all use of vocals in I Want to Believe were subtle and beautiful, like the film.. I guess he's still getting better.

Guest Black's Babe
Yes, that's also what I think

And I completely agree with your comment on Mark Snow's work. Although I often feel that he could use a little less vocals in some of his "evil" tracks, they are usually pretty good. For example, all use of vocals in I Want to Believe were subtle and beautiful, like the film.. I guess he's still getting better.

For me, Snow's best score is Scully's Theme.

one of the most hauntingly beautiful melodies that I've heard.

• 5 months later...
Guest quentin compson

Holy cow, that was one brilliant episode!

I had expected it to be good, as I love Lucy (oh well, there have been better innuendos, I know), but I wasn't prepared for that kind of greatness. The scene with Divina and the snake was great and set the tone for one of the most nail-biting and disturbing episodes I have seen this show produce. The atmosphere at the Saxons' was really spine-chilling - thematically, it reminded me of The Omen, but cinematographically, I found it somewhat more similar to the great British movie version of Henry James' The Turn of the Screw from the 60ies with Deborah Kerr (especially the scene where Divina suddenly is on the other side of the pond).

Frank's encounters with Lucy were all as scary as they were gripping. The whole rape-and-pregnancy-thing struck me as a little bit odd and far-fetched, but hell, this is just a minor flaw if a flaw at all. As someone here has already mentioned, Lucy's lawyer was great - as greasy and sleazy as Pepper in the first season, yet in a different way.

The final scene in the hospital was as climactic as it gets. Lucy oscillating between being sad ("we lost our baby"), seductive and sneering was by far SJR's best acting job on Millennium. But her suddenly screaming her head off and threatening Jordan was even better than that.

One side note at the end: Am I the only one who thinks that the Long-Haired Man looked a bit like the tennis player Rafael Nadal? :suspicious:

• 3 months later...
Guest paranoid eyes

I think that this episode managed to combine a lot of different things. It referenced classic horrors such as Omen and The Turning of the Screw, it combined the previous Lucy Butler episodes, the dark realistic word of Lamentation meet with the cabaret of A Room Without a View and Lucy managed to play both a humble, innocent citizen (once a former nurse, now a nanny) and a powerful seductress. This episode also referenced PPTD with the character of the devil’s lawyer (o.k. that’s also a classic horror motive), Somehow Satan got Behind Me with the observation that the Devil, the greatest of all evil, has become some kind of mascot with can be safely put into a popular saying like speaking about the Devil, and The Curse of Frank Black with the uncanny symbols which mysteriously appear with a frequency that cannot be accidental, here it was the word Antipas. With all those reference- there are probably more with I haven’t noticed- I think that this episode was still somehow fresh and surprising          

• 6 months later...
Guest lollibomb

Hi all,

I may be way off base here but the snake ate Divina at the begining of the ep so the child is not really Divina at all but a replacement evil offspring off Lucy's...right?

I don't think Lucy is replacing the child but attempting to replace the child's object of affections, her mother. Snakes are symbolic of nefarious qualities in many metaphysical traditions so I just assume the opening teaser is a symbolic was of showing Divina being metaphorically devoured by the evil Lucy Butler rather than literally.

Eth

• 2 years later...
Guest I Made This

I watched this one recently and have to say it seemed to be a lot better than I remembered it. I don't know why that was, but I definitely enjoyed it immensely. A delicious, old school horror tale, it kind of has a Hand That Rocks The Cradle meets The Omen feel. Redmond is mesmerising, beautiful and downright frightening throughout and I love the fact that it presents the rematch we'd all be waiting for since Lamentation. I loved A Room With No View from season two, but Frank and Lucy never shared any scenes in it, so I loved how Chris and Frank made up for it with this one.

It's a creepy episode to watch in the dark. Lots of creepiness, lots of deception, with a demonic supernatural flare. Frank seemed more prepared initially for evil here than he did in Seven and One, but maybe Frank was able to see most of the signs this time around, having dealt with Lucy in the past.

rock2.gif