Things I Have Always Wondered

Rate this topic

Is there a big age difference between Frank and Catherine, it seem so to me.

I have always wanted to know the story on how Frank and Catherine met

Why was Jordan consider a miracle baby

Mike Atkins.......Did they really have to kill him off

• Elders (Admins)

Well apart from there being an age difference between Frank and Catherine, Jordan was considered a miracle baby because F & C were told they couldn't have children, I'm not sure on who's part. As for Mike Atkins, there was an underused Millennium Group member - the secrets that guy would know! What a shame he was killed.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Is there a big age difference between Frank and Catherine, it seem so to me.

I have always wanted to know the story on how Frank and Catherine met

Why was Jordan consider a miracle baby

Mike Atkins.......Did they really have to kill him off

I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that, based on looks, Catherine was a good 10 or 15 years younger than Frank. I have also heard that they were told they could not concieve, but I don't know why, and if the Old Man doesn't know why, I am guessing that they never specified. As for Mike Atkins, I really liked his character, and I have no idea why such a likable character would be killed off. Maybe it was for reasons similar to those surrounding Roedecker. I agree with the Old Man, considering that he was kind of Franks guru mentor, you can only emagine the kind of things he knew and experienced. He was actually treated pretty bad by the writters. First, they fry him in a giant microwave, and then they have him get sliced up. I don't remember the details of his death exactly, but I seem to recall it was pretty gruesome. It's hard to explain, but I think Mike was used for the purpose of showing us the kind of evil that Frank was dealing with and as another trial and tribulation for Franks character to endure. In other words, I think he was regarded as more of a short term tool for the writters to use than a long term character.

Guest A Stranger

Frank isn't supposed to be as old as Lance is in season one. Force Majure says he is 49 but he is 56 or something in Midnight of the Century, or whatever. I can't remember exactly but I do remeber it was the same age as Lance was at the time. So he's probably 10 or so years older than Catherine. She's a social worker and it's not unlikely that they met through their work.

The significance of Jordan being a miralce is obvious as she is gifted. Not much is said other than in the Pilot that they had a hard time concieving.

Mike Atkins was definatly underdeveloped and his death was nowhere as affecting as Bletch's mainly because he was only in two episodes. Their friendship was only implied and talked about, we never really saw much. But he was close enough with the Frank for him to be one person to confide in about the photographs. I don't think it's becuase he was a mentor but becuase he was cut from a similar clothe as Frank. They both seem to have the same grim, weathered attitude. Atkins brought Frank into the Group but there's no way to say what that says about him since by year two what the Group was was completely re-defined.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that, based on looks, Catherine was a good 10 or 15 years younger than Frank.

Well, not to cheat here folkses, but there are 20 years between Lance and Megan :wtf:

He was actually treated pretty bad by the writters. First, they fry him in a giant microwave, and then they have him get sliced up

Your absolutely right! EVERYONE knows that you are supposed to slice the person up FIRST before you microwave them so they are more tender... :doh: