All the Millennium Groups

Rate this topic

All the Millennium Groups  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Denno
I chose the Owls because I would have sided with scientific theory of a cosmic event.  This is not because I don't believe that God would involved but that He would use 'natural' events to achieve His ends.  Its kinda the same thing with the Creationism/Darwinism theories.  Who's to say God's day are 24 hours long.  :eyebrows_big:

• 4 months later...

Interestingly....I can't see the poll results..... :thinking_big:

It MUST be a conspiracy! :wink_big:

As I have yet to see enough of Season 3 to know about all these groups, I shall continue to take my place outside of the mainstream, with Frank. :frank_black:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PROVO_SIX

I missed this one back in May, but I'm sure many of you wish to take a crack at the poll again.

I would have to side with the Roosters simply based upon the view we received from Frank's eyes.  How many times do we have to see the devil, understand how an earth quake can be predicted preciseley, experience Magdalenian phenomenon.  If I were privy to these visions/experiences, a true condition of selecting one group, I'd have to finally become a true believer, taking a side and a stand.

~Six

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest amnesic

i would pick none of those groups. to me the owls always represented bad science - with their pick and mix attitude to evidence, and an almost psychopathic need for everyone to agree that they are right. while many scientists may actually be like that (being the very thing they despise) their need for power and control is pretty disgusting. on the other hand, if people are drawn to the more logical side of thinking then why not identify yourself more with the genome project (perhaps we don't because we suspect that power struggles and the need to be right above everything and everyone else also operates there).

it would love to identify myslef with the Family. there is something very white-picket-fence-ish about them. unfortunately, being an athiest makes me pretty incompatible with them!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Seraphim

I don't think I could side with any one group, but if I did, it would likely be a more mystical-based orginization. I consider Science a religion in many ways. Maybe due to the fact that it is built on so many theories that cannot be completely proven, yet people chose to believe it whole-heartedly. Perhaps Science is only "real" because of how many people are willing to accept it. Pure logic dictates that God is a more realistic and sensible choice for the orginator of creation than the Big Bang. It can be argued that the complexities of life are proof of order, rather than chaos. In effect, Science really is the "magic" of the modern world. While many view science and technology as man's salvation, I think it will more likely be his downfall. I tend to look at everything from a philosophical standpoint though. For the illogical is often logical, just as the logical is often illogical.

• 1 month later...
I would likely be an Owl, if anything, because of their scientific bent to things and their preservation of scientific knowledge that was banned by the societies and governments of their times.  I fancy myself with this kind of courage and motivation.  I strive to uphold and protect the unpopular rational truths that society at large seems to perceive as a threat.

It's all the same for me.

I like this scientific aspect.

We can't really separate science from believe & legends, in fact. Perhaps, I'm like a mulderian Scully who accepts paranormal events, but who believes there is an scientific explanation, even if we--human beings--don't know it yet. :gaba:

I don't think I could side with any one group, but if I did, it would likely be a more mystical-based orginization. I consider Science a religion in many ways. Maybe due to the fact that it is built on so many theories that cannot be completely proven, yet people chose to believe it whole-heartedly. Perhaps Science is only "real" because of how many people are willing to accept it. Pure logic dictates that God is a more realistic and sensible choice for the orginator of creation than the Big Bang. It can be argued that the complexities of life are proof of order, rather than chaos. In effect, Science really is the "magic" of the modern world. While many view science and technology as man's salvation, I think it will more likely be his downfall. I tend to look at everything from a philosophical standpoint though. For the illogical is often logical, just as the logical is often illogical.

You make a very good point here. I've often thought that science was the religion that no-one wants to admit is a religion. It IS a belief systom, so it seems to fall into that catagory.

I feel realy bad for not having voted in this poll yet. Some of the names I just don't recognize, even after seeing the enitire series. "The Family"....and "The Trust" are 2 that I'm still scratching my head about. :thinking_big:

....i think that the family were the rather strange bunch at the end of Monster that essentially abducted the demon child.-(i doubt child services would give the kid to this lot! lol!)

...at least i think that's what he meant-(??)- most of the other options are nonsense to me as i don't have any great need to categorize myself in such a rigid way i suppose.

se7en :ouro: