All the Millennium Groups

Rate this topic

All the Millennium Groups  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Wellington
I've often thought that science was the religion that no-one wants to admit is a religion. It IS a belief systom, so it seems to fall into that catagory.

That is a good point, however I would add a bit of my undervalued $ on it, if you allow me... Many, a great many of scientists show a religious zeal in their work. However, they never take anything for granted and will not fall on their knees before something that was not scientifically proved beyond any doubt, or in most cases, beyond any reasonable doubt. But those are boring scientists. The most interesting scientists are those who blend metaphysics with their research (cosmology anyone?). I just love them: they know there are limits to their knowledge, and that not everything is explained - yet. Even though they do not refer to that as religion, spirituality or philosophy, there are obvious questions that will go unanswered forever (the goal of life, the meaning of the universe), and that does not bother them a bit. That is simply out of topic, they will never get a far away enough point of view to get answers that would probably not help make the debate more interesting.

In the same time, however hard a scientist might have thought about the metaphysic in their mind, they will work harder to demolish it by scientific investigation, by bringing together proofs of physical origins. That will not prevent them to keep feeling awe because some things are so huge (in what they are or in what they imply), they will just not be blind any more. Contrary to religion, everything is a misconception until repeatedly proven otherwise, but those who work on it show every sign of a feverish faith in their work and its goals.

Regards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest CyberDude

Just a noob question here... Where did you pick all the factions? I only heard about Owls and Roosters so far(watched only 1 and 5 eps of second seasons)

Guest fledgling666

well, i picked the trust, taking into account all the actions we know about about all the groups listed. not that i don't have a religious bone in my body, being an atheist, but that i don't believe in a god, and therefore, i'm out of the roosters, owls and family. i am no fan of hitler and therefore, out of odessa. i am not a huge fan of the DOE or DOD and couldn't see myself being a part of their operations at any point in time, so, no go there. no selfosophy, just as ridiculous as Scientology. not a match with the cdc, cuz i don't care what it is, just give me the medicine to kill it or tell me to drink orange juice and rest. if i was involved with the human genome project, it would have been shut down years ago. so the last one left is the straight-forward, factual, informative and dignified, Trust, which i would gladly have been a part of, especially if it meant i could be the new sherriff in town and go after the millennium group.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kelanth

Well, add another Owl to the mix. I'm a firm believer in "Show me the proof." And, with all I've seen, I remain a skeptic. Besides, they had the cool alternative desktop. :alien:

Roosters see evil for what it is. Frank struggled against accepting what he saw. He seemed able to withstand temptations until the PM incedent. Demons kept reminding him of what he had done to guilt him into thinking he was already damned.

The view that science gives us is constitantly changing, and when it comes to beginnings and ends = science becomes scientific faith instead of religious faith.

How do you know that the science of this day is really any better than the science of 1550 in all areas of life? Are there scientific "absolutes" that will seem humorous 50 years from now? Science is very useful, but I would hate to base my world view on it's limited abilities.

By the way.. what is the scientific veiw of evi?

Guest blondton13

I would have to choose two: Owls 75% and 25% CDC. I am a "science" person in my heart. I also understand, oddly enough, the approach that the CDC, under the auspices of the government, takes on occasion. As Tommy Jones says in "Men in Black", "A person is smart. People are dumb, ignorant and scared..." Crap! I am not paraphrasing this correctly, so you can help me with this one. The point I'm trying to make is although I may not want things hidden from me, I understand the reasoning behind the government keeping some things from the public in order to avoid a panic when there may be no need for overeacting.

I require proof for belief. Doesn't mean I don't want really cool stuff to exist, it just means that I need definitive items to sway my judgement.

You know what? I'm getting over the flu right now, so if this doesn't make any sense-take it with a grain of salt. I would!!! :smokin:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SouthernCelt

Picking only one, I'd have to go with Roosters. My reason is that I have to believe there is a power or intelligence in the universe that I'll call God for want of a better term. That power set things in motion, including the dichotomy of forces we call good and evil. Whether that power interacts with or drives specfic people, events, etc. I can't say, although I think such interaction is definitely possible.