The Time is Now!

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek
No, the song for Lara's vision was "Horses" by Patti Smith.  A good song, but very weird and very long.  "Mack the Knife" was supposedly used in an episode, but I don't recall which (check the Abyss music listing, I think it says).  "Beyond the Sea" was used in XF.  I liked the Lara's vision sequence myself (though, you know, the more you see it, the more you kind of want to fast-forward when you get to that part).

Guest TheSunKing1972

hmmm, well didn't they use "A Horse With No Name" in one of the epsisodes? It seems to me like they did....

Nice avatar by the way.....I don't know why, but I thought she was just so dang hot :thumbsup_big:  

Well, I can't find anything about songs used in MillenniuM.....at the Abyss//////OOPPS, I found it

Guest TheSunKing1972

ahhh ha... are you sure?  Maybe we are thinking of different episodes????  the episode "Owls" had

"A Horse With No Name" by America

Guest LauraKrycek

Yeah, "Horse With No Name" was used during Mr. Lott's speech ("How is it decided... who lives and who dies?").

And thanks, I think Lara's hot too... ::flips hair::   :wink_big:

King,

You will find that there sometimes in a bit of "vearing off topic" in some of the threads.  No need to appologize.  We have a pretty fast and loose mouthed crowd here, with all kinds of ideas and opions, believe me!   :laugh_big:   You will see... if you haven't all ready!   :laugh_big:   So, don't be to self-conscious about vearing off topic in a thread.  There are always going to be tie-ins to other things... especially when you are deal with any topic relating to MLM!  By it's very nature it is ecclectic and multifaceted, which was part of the point of the poll I recently posted.

Ciao,

:hands3: Scott

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MSandt

A late reply I know but I just registered.

Well first of all the first time I saw this scene in 'The Time Is Now' was in -99 when the episode was aired in Finland. Since that I had been looking for that episode and only a week ago I found it online. That scene seemed to go on forever the first time I was watching it. It got a bit frustrating. It was cool and it still is cool but it just lasts too long. They should have taken about three minutes off and replace that three minutes with some scenes of how the Marburg variant spreads around the globe (yeah yeah it took only 70 lives but in my world season 3 never existed - the world ended in The Time Is Now).

No season 3?!!!   :crying_big:  That would have been a crime!  There is just too much amazing return of MLM to its subtlety.  And I thought it took the story of Frank Black/Job to the next level!

However, it would have been cool to have a string of episodes early in season three actually showing the chaos, havoc, and terror of the spead of the virus in various places of the world.  We could have had the MLM Group on the scene in various places, and gotten to see their reactions, etc.  I think it would have also been great to have and episode similar to the fan fiction piece in the Fan Fic forum that deals with the day after - with Frank and Jordan up in the woods, and then Frank contronting and ... well read the story.  The name escapes me now.  I will come back and post it.

Scott

A late reply I know but I just registered.

Well first of all the first time I saw this scene in 'The Time Is Now' was in -99 when the episode was aired in Finland. Since that I had been looking for that episode and only a week ago I found it online. That scene seemed to go on forever the first time I was watching it. It got a bit frustrating. It was cool and it still is cool but it just lasts too long. They should have taken about three minutes off and replace that three minutes with some scenes of how the Marburg variant spreads around the globe (yeah yeah it took only 70 lives but in my world season 3 never existed - the world ended in The Time Is Now).

........i thank the heavens above several times per year that MM did not end with "THE TIME IS NOW". I know for a fact that if it had ended my appreciation for the show would not be as obssesively intense and wonderfull as it is.

...for me,S3 "redeemed" MM for me as a series when M&W thankfully left 1013. after a VERY promising first half of S2,with some brilliant eps i might add. then they just seemed,to myself and certain other "MM-aniacs",to just loose thier sense of direction and focus and,unfortunately,devolve into utter silliness and campiness,and worst of all-(as i consider it a cardinal sin for MM)-"MELODRAMA" :angry_steaming_big:  :cry:

JOHANNESSEN'S M&W-free S3 was the redeemer so many of us were hoping for. i only wish that carter and johannessen had had the opportunity to co-penn an episode during that amazing season. .....perhaps they would have if a S4 had taken place........................we may never know............

~se7en :ouro:  :ghostface:

Guest ignes fatuisi

For me, it was a great scene. very cinematic, and one you'll never find on any other tv show, because it is daring, it's original, and experimental.

so, it was nearly 10 minutes long(the song "horses" is 9 mins. approximately, and we listen to it all during the scene) but it was very very important(for me anyway) to see how Lara began to lose her mind, and how she couldn't cope with her gift anymore. everything was becoming too much for her.(we could see that in episodes like "anamnesis")

i had said before that lara is the other road which frank didn't take. i find them very similar to each other, but lara did not have the experience or the calmness of frank, and so she paid the price. frank could easily have shared the same end, if he didn't have what it takes.

one other thing about that scene, and perhaps the the whole episode, it showed how lara was easily manipulated by the group. especially watts, who just brainwashed her so that she thought the group was the cure for her, and she could find all the answers to her questions.

just my 2 cents, :)

IF