Songs You'd Have Used in an Episode of MLM...

Rate this topic

The song, "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart" by the Bee Gees I think would have been a perfect song to fit into some bizzare, despairng, or horrific situation/scene in an episode of MLM.  I am thinking of how other classic ballad or sad songs were used in episodes, particularly 70s music... like "Close to You" by the Carpenters during the opening scene in "Beware the Dogs", while the old couple is viciously attacked by the dogs.  That was just an amazing use/juxtapositioning of the music with that scene!  Amazing music moment in MLM!

Anyway, I just think this Bee Gees song would have been perfect for some kind of senario if their was a 4th season, etc.  I mean, from the sound of the music, to the lyrics... I could just see it being juxtaposed with a day-in-the-life of a serial killer, or some other bizzare or horrific situation.

What songs would you have liked to have seen used in an episode of MLM?  And what would the scene or situation for the song be?  Could you supply me a potential senario for the song I picked?  We could sort of go back and forth like this with each other picks, if this thread gets going.

Here are the lyrics to How Do You Mend A Broken Heart by the Bee Gees, if you would like to see them:

I can think of younger days when living for my life

Was everything a man could want to do

I could never see tomorrow, but I was never told about the sorrow

And how can you mend a broken heart?

How can you stop the rain from falling down?

How can you stop the sun from shining?

What makes the world go round?

How can you mend a this broken man?

How can a loser ever win?

Please help me mend my broken heart and let me live again

I can still feel the breeze that rustles through the trees

And misty memories of days gone by

We could never see tomorrow, no one said a word about the sorrow

And how can you mend a broken heart?

How can you stop the rain from falling down?

How can you stop the sun from shining?

What makes the world go round?

How can you mend this broken man?

How can a loser ever win?

Please help me mend my broken heart and let me live again

Come on!  Your turn!  Use you imagination!

Scott

Scott,

Don't worry, I WONT disappoint you!  This is my fortai, so to speak!  (can't spell French words...SOUNDS LIKE "For-tay")

Just give me 'till tonight...this may requite several posts, & I have some stuff to get done right now...but I PROMISE, this thread WILL get long!

:Ouro_Large:THIS IS WHO WE ARE :Ouro_Large:

RAVEN WOLF (ERIN_

.....i have 4 songs,OUT OF COUNTLESS, that come to mind that,for me,would fit perfectly with the series,and frank black in particular.....

1)-"NAKED EYE",THE WHO-(FROM "WHO'S NEXT"-REMASTER. REALLY LISTEN TO THE WORDS AND YOU'LL SEE)

2)-"I DON'T EVEN KNOW MYSELF",THE WHO-(FROM "WHO'S NEXT" REMASTER.)

3)-CIRCLING AROUND THE MOON",JOHN MELLENCAMP-(FROM "MR. HAPPY GO LUCKY".....TRUST ME,THAT ALBUM TITLE IS MEANT TO BE AS SARCASTIC AS POSSIBLE;THIS IS A VERY DARK COMPLEX RECORD FROM 1996 WHICH IS,FOR ME,HIS MASTERWORK THERE ARE MANY SONGS ON THIS ALBUM,ERR,"CD",THAT REMIND ME OF MM.)

4)-"THE REAL ME",THE WHO-(FROM "QUADROPHENIA"..COMPLETE WITH A REFERENCE TO A GIRL WHO "...LIVES IN THIS YELLOW HOUSE.")

........you have all the above who songs scott. it's on the anthology i sent you last year :angel:

~100% ADDITIVE FREE PEACE,

se7en  :ouro:

One of my ideas was actualy an idea for another fan-fic...after The Guidestones.

It was to use November Rain...as a recurring theme throughout an episode (fan-fic).

If Millennium was on today, there's a lot of songs by "LIVE" that would go great!  (In my opinion)

More tommarow... :yes_big:

RavenWolf :Ouro_Large:

Guest TheSunKing1972

Here's one that I would pick.....

now close your eyes and imagine............

no wait, then you can't read :rofl:

" Somehow Satan Got Behind me"

Focus on the angel/lawn ornament.....

We see a car turn the corner and what is the driver doing?....

Oh he's delivering newspapers!

We can faintly hear music coming from down the road.......

everytime a paper lands on a roof...on a car...etc... we hear the music more clearly.

Finally, the car reaches the driveway where the Angel/lawn ornament sits.....then WHACK!!...a newspaper hits the Angels head and knocks it off....only then do we hear the lyrics to the tune....."6-6-6..the number of the beast...hell and fire, were born to be released"

We continue the track until the driver parks his car outside the "Donut Stop" and we see that it's an "Old" dude.......then on with the show.

Wow man, I am good......it is so fitting :thumbsup_big:  :frank_black:

• 3 months later...

You know how they liked to have a bizzare contrast between the music and the events going on?  Like at the bigging of Beware of the Dog?  Well, here's another one that would make a good "contrast" song to a grotesque scene.

You are my SunShine

My only SunShine

You make me happy

When skys are grey

You'll never know dear

How much I love you

Please don't take my SunShine away!  :kissing:

sun-setting.gif