New info about the dvd delay on the Abyss

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming
The Millennial Abyss is saying that it is reportedly in the  development phase. And that Chris Carter hasn't had any time to devote to it because he is so overwhelmed in preparing the X-Files discs. If this is the reason that MM hasn't been released then it's a good sign of things to come, Because the last season of the X-Files is set to be released in the Spring of 2004. Then I'm hoping we might see a release by the end of 2004 although that might even be pushing it. Because Carter would have to start preparing everything and have it finished by the fall. Man, this release if it happens looks pretty far off. But if they can pull it off with a bunch of cool features none of us will be complaining. And I think Carter waiting until after the X-Files sets are complete would make sense. It is however his biggest series and he would want to milk it for all it's worth. And actually he would want to milk Millennium for all it's worth too. So he'll probably string that one out after the X-Files set are over. We might get one Millennium season a year, which could stretch getting a full run of the official dvd episodes in 2006 or 2007 if we're lucky.

Wait a Second!   :wink_big:

I was just comming over there to mention this!  You beat me to it Second Comming!  (I know that I have told you this before, but, very cool screen name...)

Anyway, this explanation seems the most plausible and realistic of all the speculations and reports that I have heard.  It just makes the most sense.

But even after XFS S9 is released, I still will not put much faith in speculations about a release.  I will believe that the DVD box set released when I see it on the shelf at a retail store.

Scott

Guest Second Coming
I'm sure Chris wants to release MM on DVD.  And I think that the explanation of Chris Carter not having time for MM because he's focusing on the X-Files sets makes a lot of sense. But like you said I'll believe it when I have the set in my hand.