so, the promo CDs...

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

I just found this, I guess it was that auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MILLENNIUM-Television-Soundtrack-CD-MARK-SNOW-Mega-Rare-Acetate-PROMO-ONLY-/300951459347

If you google for season 2 and 3, you´ll find the finished auctions as well, for the same price. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

FOX actively hunts down and shuts down auctions like that, so this will disappear faster than Scully's baby.

By teh way, today in a thread about an unrelated score that fans have been waiting for for a couple years, La La Land Records dropped this hint about another score:

In the meantime ERNEST SAVES CHRISTMAS will get us through the Holidays! smile.gif

MV

So it looks like a that score is coming from them.

• 6 months later...

Awesome ! ! ! Feel like sharing...lol Seriously, having an original would be awesome. Most of my music is copies, download from itunes, and thankful there's a few originals that I've found. You must be proud.

• Elders (Moderators)

Not so much proud, more happy. ;) But I can clear up some things. These promotional CDs were compiled by Mark Snow, just to give them around to certain people, they are CD-Rs, not pressed CDs. They were never intended to be commercially released. Of course, the artwork design and the music itself is copyright protected nevertheless, which is why FOX is hunting down those auctions on Ebay, since these CDs were never licensed for sale. I got the four CDs in a jewelbox, not in three different cases like the ones in the auction, since this was especially made for me. ;) The audio quality is quite good, some tracks seem to be mixed slightly different than on the later released LLL-Set, some effects and instruments seem to be more present, others more hidden in the reverb.

i quite like the "new" music from "Anamnesis", "The Innocents" and "Borrowed Time", some very beautiful variations on the MillenniuM-Theme there. Nevertheless, i would have no problem getting together a fifth CD with music from the show, there is still so much wonderful music not covered on any of those releases. ;)