Your Favorite Aspect of MillenniuM

Rate this topic

Your Favorite Aspect of MillenniuM  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought this would make for an interesting poll, since there are so many amazing and varied aspects to the show.  It is incredible that they were able to get all these aspects incorporated into one show... and in only 3 seasons!!!  And by no means do I presume to have covered every aspect in my poll!!!  I was just trying to include the broader sweeping areas.  The poll only allows you 10 choices!  Feel free to mention other aspects that you like or can think of that I didn't include.

Also, please give your comments, qualifications of choices, or dislikes in the discussion thread as well, after you vote!

:hands3: Scott

Guest Wellington

Hi

I voted for the Group and its myth. I think it is maybe the real Hero of the show, and I would have so much liked that they pushed some more seasons for us to uncover other hidden agenda and conspiracy. Of course strong characters like Frank are sufficient to keep the interest, but we are talking about MM, not Profiler...  :p  And the Group is a perfect counterweight for Black's devotion to put Evil down.

Regards

My vote was for the wierd science aspect.  I don't think I have ever saw anywhere else, the kinds of things MLM did with science and so forth.  Really dark, really subtle, really strange, really sinister - and it all really fit in, somehow, with the whole millennial aspect of the show.  I think this is the kind of thing former 1013er Gordon Howard tried to bring to his Strange World series.

Scott

Guest Denno
I chose the myth/conspiracy/secret society one.  There is just something about a group who's origins are so far in the past that even the member have a hard time pin pointing it.  We saw glimpses of this in the episode, The Hand of Saint Sebastian.  A group that can endure throughout the ages and can accomplish things that, seemingly, no one else can.

• 1 year later...

What a harsh choice!

I had 2 answers, so, I've voted for the first one in the list. But the the Groupe mythology/conspiracy/secret society interested me too :eyes:

Guest Wellington

Hi

I can understand the dilemma. I guess prophecies (or millenialism in general) are very, very short to mythology and can be very, very easily tweaked into some kind of conspiracy. Depending on one's sensitivity to the show, they are only the same answer.

I also think that the introduction of prophecies is what makes the difference between the Group (and the show) and other similar plots (thinking about X-Files right now). It gives the extra dimension that makes or breaks a story.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Profiling, I love to watch Frank using his unnatural ability in conjunction with his natural skills as a profiler to examine the darker side of human nature. Like Frank says "My question is has always been Why? not How?".

As for the Mytharc, while I enjoyed some of those episodes I think had the show continued it would have become crushed under the weight of it's own mythology much like The X Files.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Hey, this is fun. All these polls that I haven't done yet. I went with the story of frank Black and his family, but all are very interesting aspects of the show. My favorite thing about the show is Frank Black/Lance Henriksen, so it was the obvious choice.

Guest blondton13

I'm pathethic...I voted for the serial killers/profiling aspect because I find this subject so intriguing. But I love all of the other aspects of MM as well...I guess that's why I'm here! :devil::clapping: