Your Favorite Aspect of MillenniuM

Rate this topic

Your Favorite Aspect of MillenniuM  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 months later...
Profiling, definately. But it might be becasue that is my own personal career leanings anyway.

Biased, I know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fellow law enforcement member? just curious, ive ran into several on this site, seems like we all like the same type of tv that we deal with in our professional lives..lol, Gunslinger

fellow law enforcement member? just curious, ive ran into several on this site, seems like we all like the same type of tv that we deal with in our professional lives..lol, Gunslinger

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not having an iota of law enforcement background, i am regulated to having to choose millenniumistic/prophecy/apocalypic as my reasons for my affinty to MillenniuM...i have always been unusually interested in the Book of Revelations and other chapters in the Bible that are heavily infused with prophecy. I'm not going to get into a religious validation in this forum. Everyone has their interests, some law enforcement (Gunslinger), some prophecy (me)...neither is better or worse than the other, but equal parts of the whole...

The Day of His Wrath is Coming...And Who Will Be Able to Stand...from episode 19:19

Till The Last Change....Be Done..

The Fourth Horseman

• 3 weeks later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm not in law enforcement, but I do have a fasination, bordering on an obsession. I've always wished I could be a Private Investigater, or something. *sigh*

• 3 months later...
Guest ein042

Almost an impossible choice because all the aspects of this show have been of interest to me at one time or another. Silence of the Lambs obviously influenced Chris Carter when he created the characters in X-Files. But it wasn't till Millennium that he was able to put together his own his own take on serial killers and what drives them.

I chose serial killers/profiling/criminology not because I'm so much into criminal behavior but any behavior that makes people act the way they do.

Religion, duty, revenge even patriotism.

But Frank is the backbone of the story that locked me in. Because .. you can have a documentary about the pathology of a murderer and be left as clueless about his motives as ever.

To have it personalized - not just with Frank and his family but each story defines it's own genesis.

I probably should have chose evil in it's various forms, but for me involving biblical prophecies in real world scenarios, along with a believable agency or group, immune to bureaucracy and political agendas, that actually cared.

I think Harris had a big part in creating the serial killer 'noir' of today. Sure we've had serial killers in drama since Psycho or Jekyll & Hyde but I've never believed madness was the absolute and only reason for a criminal's actions. I believe we are affected by 'other' forces.

I would like to have seen Harris continue the Lector character. I may be way off base but I don't think I'm the only one who saw the character as more than 'just' an evil genius.

Frank said " I can see into the darkness only because there is light." Not sure if that's an exact quote but I think that says a lot for my interest in serial killers. A strange way to search for a positive spiritual experience, because the light is so dim these days, but you don't have to look far for it's counterpart.

Bonnie

• 3 months later...

I voted for the character of Frank Black. I actually had 3 or 4 choices, but it in the end the aspect that interests me the most is his character. But in relation to the character stand a lot of other things, like the group, the prophecies, the killers,.. It's the way he deals with all of this that i find fascinating. Following the evolution of Frank (and his family) is for me the most important. But then again, seeing some high quality profiling and crime scene investigations is just great fun too :clapping:

• 3 months later...
Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
<font color='#000000'>I thought this would make for an interesting poll, since there are so many amazing and varied aspects to the show.  It is incredible that they were able to get all these aspects incorporated into one show... and in only 3 seasons!!!  And by no means do I presume to have covered every aspect in my poll!!!  I was just trying to include the broader sweeping areas.  The poll only allows you 10 choices!  Feel free to mention other aspects that you like or can think of that I didn't include.

Also, please give your comments, qualifications of choices, or dislikes in the discussion thread as well, after you vote!

:hands3: Scott</font>

Gee whiz, talk about having to catch up...

It's interesting with SO many people here not really caring for the 2nd Season and such and yet the highest vote is for The Group mythology...

Very interesting indeed... :yes:

Guest betweenthelines

I voted for the "prophecy/apocalyptic themes", with the Group mythology a close second. Any episode that incorporated ancient myths and religious content always interested me. The scientific ones... eh, the only ones I lreally, really liked were 'The Fourth Horseman' and 'The Time is Now'.

I dunno... I don't think I like one aspect of "Millennium" more than others. I also enjoyed the show's quirky sense of humor that was displayed every so often, and I liked glimpses into the family lives of Frank and Catherine.

Guest gethsemane

I really enjoy the serial killing, profiling and investigative aspects of the series. That's why I watched it from the get go. Lance did an awesome job portraying an investigator, yet loner. Not trying to be a pretty boy. I guess I paid more attention to those episodes than when they started the doom and gloom end of the world episodes. Although I did get a kick out of the "Sometimes the devil....." episode. You never who your dealing with!

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I really enjoy the serial killing, profiling and investigative aspects of the series. That's why I watched it from the get go. Lance did an awesome job portraying an investigator, yet loner. Not trying to be a pretty boy. I guess I paid more attention to those episodes than when they started the doom and gloom end of the world episodes. Although I did get a kick out of the "Sometimes the devil....." episode. You never who your dealing with!

That's the bloody thing that makes this show so DAMN good!!! There are SO many different facets of it that are all very, very good. Certain aspects will resonate more with some than others. But there is literally just about something for everyone (Even Lucy for 4th Horseman! :w00t: )