Your Favorite Aspect of MillenniuM

Rate this topic

Your Favorite Aspect of MillenniuM  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Sophie

I voted for the killers/profiling/criminology aspect of the show because it's "stuck' to me, also to science/investigation and exploration of evil. It's a bit in the middle, like a mediation in between the two worlds, to the core.

• 3 years later...

I am shocked that I missed this poll after so long of being here. Thank you Sophie for bringing it back to the forefront.

I agree with you, killers/profiling/criminology is the most fasinating to me too, and could have said "ditto" to everything you said.

Well now you've done it Earthnut. I've been sitting here for 20 min. trying to decide. I'm going with the Legion aspect though,The Judge is one of my favorite episodes and well then there is Lucy :devil:. The apocalyptic theme is a close second.

• 2 months later...
Guest Asperger

While I am big on science (note my name). The conspiratorial aspects and supernatural topics interest me as things not fully explained yet! Before you can explain and quantify them, you need to take that leap of faith that they exist. I do believe that human nature is basically good. There may be no shortage of evil ideas, but there is definitely a lack of will to carry them out.

While I am big on science (note my name). The conspiratorial aspects and supernatural topics interest me as things not fully explained yet! Before you can explain and quantify them, you need to take that leap of faith that they exist. I do believe that human nature is basically good. There may be no shortage of evil ideas, but there is definitely a lack of will to carry them out.

Your post is so good that I had to quote it. I totally agree, there is no shortage of evil ideas, and a person's free choice is the key, the will, and thank God we don't have more evil present then we do. Basically, mankind is good when push comes to shove. It's always the few bad apples that ruin it for the rest of us.

BTW, pardon my ignorance, but what does "Asperger" mean?

• 4 weeks later...

Answered my own question, finally looked up the word "Asperger."

Asperger's syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person's ability to socialize and communicate effectively with others. Children with Asperger's syndrome typically exhibit social awkwardness and an all-absorbing interest in specific topics.

• 3 years later...

I started to watch the show mostly ´cause of the X-files. The funny thing is that later I lost total interest in the X-files but I was captured by Millennium. The music intro, the mood of the show, the scripts, and of course, Lance Henriksen as Frank Black. The thing about this show is that at first the psychological side of people, the why and the how, was very interesting and it was kind of new on tv to explore the dark side of the human mind. But what got my eye were the struggles that Frank had. How he was devoted to his family and how he tried to separate the 2 worlds apart: one full of hate and darkness and the other a loving fragile home. Still today, the Black family feels the more believable family that I´ve ever seen on tv. And as time went by, the show got better and better with all the story of the MG, Peter Watts, etc...And the whole idea of control is always interest because it will always be there. Maybe that is one of the reasons that this show is still making us think. And also, why we want it back almost 20 years after. By the way the guys from Back to Frank Black are gathering people these days on twitter to ask Netflix to put the show online to make another grain of sand to make the show go back.

I voted for the apocalyptic aspect. When the show aired, we were facing the new millennium upcoming, worried about the Y2K computer thing, and the world was getting darker. Since then we have faced some horrible things, Wars, /11 boston bombings, school massacres, church burnings, plagues, climate change, and every day someone is saying the apocalypse has begun MIllennium is as relevant now as the day the pilot aired, specifically because of this. It took on this aspect, when other shows didn't dare. It was and still is ahead of it's time.

• 10 months later...

Only just saw this now. This was tougher than I would've thought. I ended up going with Frank Black. Lance/Frank is a huge part of what makes Millennium wonderful and special.