The Time Is Now

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I was showing a friend of mine The fourth Horseman and Tine is Mow, he wanted to know what Megan Gallaghers bra size was

LOL, I take it he wasn't really too thrilled with the story line. Don't they usually have Megan in some pretty unrevealing clothes?

I was showing a friend of mine The fourth Horseman and Tine is Mow, he wanted to know what Megan Gallaghers bra size was
well, we now know what kind of crowd you run with my friend...LOL..what can you say to that? just dont let him see her in that tight sweater scene talking to Peter in his driveway in Luminary or it will send him over the edge...i am a bit surprised they didn't reshoot the scene...

it looks like it was very, very cold...

4th Horseman...

Guest betweenthelines

Why would he ask that? I don't recall Megan wearing any skimpy outfits during her time on the show....

I, for one, liked the outbursts of static. I read that they were used by the producers as a way to get back at the network for not promoting "Millennium", which is fine, but I thougth they were a clever way to represent Frank Black's mental state at the time. Is there an actual idea that we have too much static clouding our thoughts, or was that something the producers dreamed up?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
well, we now know what kind of crowd you run with my friend...LOL..what can you say to that? just dont let him see her in that tight sweater scene talking to Peter in his driveway in Luminary or it will send him over the edge...i am a bit surprised they didn't reshoot the scene...

it looks like it was very, very cold...

4th Horseman...

LOL, hilarious!! Now I am going to have to watch Luminary tonight for curiosities sake. You should have acted like you had to scan your memory more to come up with that information though. :oneeyedwinK Some might think that the image is fresh in your mind. LOL, just kidding.

LOL, hilarious!! Now I am going to have to watch Luminary tonight for curiosities sake. You should have acted like you had to scan your memory more to come up with that information though. :oneeyedwinK Some might think that the image is fresh in your mind. LOL, just kidding.
Those scenes "stick out" in your mind...if you'll excuse the pun :eyes:

4th Horseman

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Those scenes "stick out" in your mind...if you'll excuse the pun :eyes:

4th Horseman

Holy cow!! You weren't kidding. I just got done watching Luminary (strictly for the sake of investigative research and to remain informed regarding the subject matter at hand) :makingeyes: and I can't believe I didn't pick up on that detail before. I thought you were exagerating, but I too am surprised they didn't shoot that scene again, especially if Megan had an advance screening. I am reminded again how good the episode was, and made sure to fully appreciate the music of Mark Snow. It was definitely some of his best. I was also reminded how good a job Brion James did as the sheriff. Oh, and yes, I second my vote for that one as Frank's sexiest episode, but that's for another thread.

Guest MrCox
I, for one, liked the outbursts of static. I read that they were used by the producers as a way to get back at the network for not promoting "Millennium", which is fine, but I thougth they were a clever way to represent Frank Black's mental state at the time. Is there an actual idea that we have too much static clouding our thoughts, or was that something the producers dreamed up?

The static in "The Fourth Horseman" / "The Time Is Now" is the perfect image for the end of the world in a TV show. If you watch closely you can see that the static in Frank's visions appears on some important plot points:

- after Frank notices the dead birds in the river near Mogilny's dead body (this is the beginning of the end)

- the last image in the dream with the jungle and the screaming monkey, the dream he shares with Jordan (this is the reason for the emminent danger)

- after Frank hears of the dead people in the Chinese village by radio (the end has begun)

- in the final scene after Catherine disappeared, Frank hears all those emergency calls in his last vision (the apocalypse reaches Frank and his family)

As Morgan & Wong tried to visualize the apocalypse I think it's just perfect. Frank's visions tell him that the end is near and that there's nothing he can do about it. The static shows the end of the show MM and even TV in general. You can think of it as the end of this TV world, as the apocalypse for Frank's world, the fictional world of MM (one of the rare self reflective moments on TV!).

Just like Lara Means' visions visualize her mental breakdown AND the apocalypse as described in the bible, the static visualizes the concept of "the end of the world" as well as Frank's breakdown after Catherine's disappearance.

One funny thing: Even Morgan's and Wong's credit at the end is affected by the static and the words seem to vanish in it, but Chris Carter's credit looks the same as always. This could be an indication that M & W were aware of the fact that this "TV apocalypse" was their idea and Carter had nothing to do with it.

My personal opinion: I love this two-parter because it shows ONE realistic possibility how our world could be destroyed (just think about the H5N1 virus and all those dead birds, it's painfully topical!)