'Love Is Blue' in A Room with No View

Rate this topic

Did anybody else have an unhealthy fascination with Paul Mauriat's 'Love Is Blue' after watching A Room with No View?

Any sane person would be totally freaked out and sick of hearing it, but not me... I played it and stuck it on loop. :eyes:

Did anybody else have an unhealthy fascination with Paul Mauriat's 'Love Is Blue' after watching A Room with No View?

Any sane person would be totally freaked out and sick of hearing it, but not me... I played it and stuck it on loop. :eyes:

Exit75 - you are not alone...it has a very odd quality of not "getting on your nerves" upon repeated playing. Perhaps its the Motovanni sounding strings that pacify us, i dont really know...

I do remember from way back in my childhood being familiar with the song. My parents were quite broad in their tastes, going from Herb Alpert to Sam Cooke to Tom Jones to O.C. Smith all in a matter of hours...my musical memories of childhood were made of these...Sam Cooke has remained one of my favorites till this day and i make every effort to indoctrinate my boys with a love of good music, both from the past and present, so we mix in a little Sam Cooke and a little Greenday or Godsmack...LOL...

• Elders (Admins)

Its pretty strange but you do tend to follow it when you hear it in the back of your mind!

Next April Fools day, I'll set it playing on all forums endlessly!

Guest gmcp

Oh man, that song drives me crazy. It's one of those songs thats just an addictive poison... you want to get it out of your head/stop playing it, but it just resonates and continues on.

It drives me insane :cry::clapping:

EDIT: I made the mistake of downloading the song from iTunes... it is now on loop. Oh man, that was a mistake :clapping:

Help me now...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Hmm, interesting coincidence, I looked up the album "Love Is Blue" by Paul Mauriat, and the third song on it is Lara's theme... yes, spelled Lara. I was thinking it would have been a perfect piece to play in Lara Means scenes, but I listened to a clip, and it doesn't fit Lara at all... I used to think "Love Is Blue" was the ultimate elevator music, AM gold, fuddy duddy, Grandma and Grandpa music, but I find myself at age 38, with a more open mind, and with a broader appreciation of music, and it actually isn't bad. It's not the kind of thing I would normally listen to, and I certainly had more than enough of it by the end of "A Room With No View", but I can understand someone enjoying it.

Its pretty strange but you do tend to follow it when you hear it in the back of your mind!

Next April Fools day, I'll set it playing on all forums endlessly!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyes::eyes::eyes::wtf::wtf::wtf:

I do admit that, in the beginning, I was so fasinated that I went on a quest to find out the name, and who recorded it, since it held such a fasination with me. It was a bit "before my time", and I don't have any memory of when I was little, and might have heard it on an oldie's channel or something.

Oh..... and WOO-HOO! Greenday and Godsmack! :rock2:

Hmm, interesting coincidence, I looked up the album "Love Is Blue" by Paul Mauriat, and the third song on it is Lara's theme... yes, spelled Lara. I was thinking it would have been a perfect piece to play in Lara Means scenes, but I listened to a clip, and it doesn't fit Lara at all... I used to think "Love Is Blue" was the ultimate elevator music, AM gold, fuddy duddy, Grandma and Grandpa music, but I find myself at age 38, with a more open mind, and with a broader appreciation of music, and it actually isn't bad. It's not the kind of thing I would normally listen to, and I certainly had more than enough of it by the end of "A Room With No View", but I can understand someone enjoying it.
Good post MIB....i have thoughts along a similar pattern. Pieces i ridiculed years ago have now come full circle and insidiously wind their way onto a cd to listen to in the car, etc...as i posted before, i was brought up under a constant barrage of Sam Cooke, Tom Jones, Engelbert Humperdink, O.C. Smith, Al Hirt, etc...fuddy duddy then, but now i have to say Sam Cooke has remained with me and i have come to appreciate his talents more now than then...as for Tom Jones, well, i cant say that all my early experiences with music were good...

I would have to say that the album that has had the greatest effect on me is "Elizium" by Fields of the Nephilim. Released in the early 90's, it has stayed at the forefront of my favorites and i would most heartily recommend it to all here....

4th Horseman...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Good post MIB....i have thoughts along a similar pattern. Pieces i ridiculed years ago have now come full circle and insidiously wind their way onto a cd to listen to in the car, etc...as i posted before, i was brought up under a constant barrage of Sam Cooke, Tom Jones, Engelbert Humperdink, O.C. Smith, Al Hirt, etc...fuddy duddy then, but now i have to say Sam Cooke has remained with me and i have come to appreciate his talents more now than then...as for Tom Jones, well, i cant say that all my early experiences with music were good...

I would have to say that the album that has had the greatest effect on me is "Elizium" by Fields of the Nephilim. Released in the early 90's, it has stayed at the forefront of my favorites and i would most heartily recommend it to all here....

4th Horseman...

Yes, Sam Cooke is my favorite from that list as well. He just has that ultra smoooth voice that you never get tired of. His songs really don't sound that dated either. I was glued to mostly top 40 music as a kid, so I didn't discover a lot of older music until my late teens and early 20's. That would have been late 80's, early 90's, and Sam Cooke was still sounding pretty good then... and still does. Here are a few confessions of songs that I once considered elevator music for Gram and Gramps, but now find myself tracking down on CD: Chariots of Fire by Vangelis, :embarassed: You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone, :embarassed: I've Never Been To Me by Charlene, Do You Really Want To Hurt Me by Culture Club (not really that old) Torn Between Two Lovers by Mary Macgregor. :embarassed: Just a few of the more embarrassing ones off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest betweenthelines

I find the song relaxing, actually. I could see myself listening to it often. I liked the musical choices in Season Two; they were so off-kilter it was great. Seasons In The Sun in 'Goodbye Charlie' is one notable example...

The choice of music used in season 2 was one of the things that (IMO) made it such a memorable season. Music has such a strong influence on everyone, and the right choice of a song in just the right place can make a "good" episode totally unforgetable, due to the emotional charge we get from the music and it's association with the story.