'Love Is Blue' in A Room with No View

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
The choice of music used in season 2 was one of the things that (IMO) made it such a memorable season. Music has such a strong influence on everyone, and the right choice of a song in just the right place can make a "good" episode totally unforgetable, due to the emotional charge we get from the music and it's association with the story.

I agree, they make use of music so well throughout the entire series, but S2 really stands out, especially with the use of "Close To You" during the dog attack in "Beware of the Dog", "Memories are Made of This" in "Curse of Frank Black", "Horses" in "The Time is Now", and of course, "Love Is Blue". After S2, I actually think they do a better job making use of these kinds of songs in S3 than they do in S1, with episodes like Sound of Snow, Skull and Bones, Darwins Eye, and Nostalgia. Other than the Pilot in S1, not as many of these moments pop into my head as they do with S2 and S3. Of course, the original music by Mark Snow is amazing throughout the series.