All Seasons of Millennium on LaserDisc

Rate this topic

Guest Kurama

• Elders (Admins)

Second Coming,

Apart from the priveledge and honour of owning the actual Laserdiscs from a 'Collector's Point Of View', if you just wanted to own Millennium to watch at your leisure you would be advised to consider purchasing Se7enand1's Laserdisc to DVD-R Project as this contains all the fottage from the Japanese Laserdiscs routed through to DVD-R at a fraction of the price.

You can find a full 13 page review at my site, https://MillenniumDesktop.co.uk.

Hope this is of use.

Regards,

Graham.

Guest karen
hello, here,s my thing. can anyone let me know if  season1 is to be avalible on dvd soon after hearing conflicting rumours.  karen                   :Owls_Ouro_Large:

Guest Second Coming
Second Coming,

Apart from the priveledge and honour of owning the actual Laserdiscs from a 'Collector's Point Of View', if you just wanted to own Millennium to watch at your leisure you would be advised to consider purchasing Se7enand1's Laserdisc to DVD-R Project as this contains all the fottage from the Japanese Laserdiscs routed through to DVD-R at a fraction of the price.

You can find a full 13 page review at my site, https://MillenniumDesktop.co.uk.

Hope this is of use.

Regards,

Graham.

I already bought the dvd-r's from Se7enand1.

It would just be cool to have the laserdiscs with all the artwork etc... and just because it's the only official Millennium release.

.......my laserdisc box sets are a treasure to own-(and not just because of the project!).  they are,in my mind,works of ART. i was a big laserdisc fan for a while and watched,with a kind of sadness,when the DVD format killed the LASERDISC format,which actually came out in,get this,1978!

...i'll never part with these as,for me,they are one of the ultimate tributes to the show. making laserdisc was NEVER a cheap process compared to the pennies it costs to duplicate DVD by the studios. PIONEER-LDCA not only had to pay for the exclusive duplication rights to press MM but also put great sums of money towards making these box-sets as good,or better,than thier x-files box sets. the boxes/cases are amazingly sturdy and if you put all 8-box sets on a scale it tops out at near 23-lbs,according to our scale at home. i hope to diplay these box sets behind glass someday instead of just having them stored out of sight most of the time.

BTW: anyone can get a very good used laserdisc player for around $125 if you look in the right places. in fact in other countires NEW players are still being made! i think here the last model made was in 2002,and it was a DVD/LD combo player by PIONEER. there are still,as far as i know,more titles released on LD than DVD.-(though i am sure that will change very soon if not aleady)

...i still maintaine a modest collection of NON-MM LD-titles. the format and the packaging allowed for great sleeve art,just like with the old LP's.

...if anyone does get all these sets you can be one of "maybe" 20-people to own EVERY box-set of MM in the U.S.-(that's just a guess but i think it's a good one as they were VERY hard to get,and import,even when they were first released! the situation got so bad here,because the japanese fans were buying them like hotcakes,that PIONEER-LDCA actually did a small 2nd pressing of S1/2 to co-incide with the release of S3 on LD-(the S3 box sets are simply unsurpassed in thier design and layout!). it was a minor miracle i got all of them,and it took almost EXACTLY 9-MOS!!!..........AND IT WAS MORE THAN WORTH THE HERCULEAN EFFORT,AND YES,ALL THE MONEY SPENT!)

...i'm tentatively planning to do a story on this topic on MDUK if i can get ahold of the right people. we'll see.

~peace,

se7en  :ouro:

Guest Second Coming
I got a Pioneer laserdisc player from a pawn shop for about $40. And I've gotten a few laserdiscs off ebay really cheap. Plus some cool stuff such as the Se7en Criterion laserdisc that has features that the dvd does not have. I would buy all the Millennium season's in a heartbeat if I had the money.  :crying_big:  They just look beautiful.