1013 Terminator Connections, and

Rate this topic

I am going to see Terminator 3 tmrw afternoon.  So, as you can imagine I am continuing to get psyched up for the event!  I will be doing a Terminator marathon of the 1st 2 films today/tmrw morning.  But, it occured to me that I would also like to know if anyone has spotted, or knows of any other 1013 or MLM connections to any or all of the Terminator films besides Robert Patrick and Lance Henriksen.  Please, post your spottings or knowledge here.  Please, no spoilers if your connections involve T3.  If they do, please just give me names, not events or descriptions of the movie.

Oh, and I definitely noticed the Terminator inspired elements and scenes of the Super Soldier episodes in the last 2 season of the X-Files.  Especially the looks on their faces, I think they were definitely inspired by Robert Patricks role as T1000.  Also, there was a blatant Terminator reference during an elevator scene, when a Super Soldier stuck its hands into the elevator doors and opened them up.  First of all, I couldn't believe the look on Billy's face when he first showed up looking all "Super Soldier-ish".  I thought the look on his face and the way he carried himself was just like the T1000.  Also, the metalic spinal column that regenerated itself in the lab - very Terminator-istic.  I thought it was so funny that Robert Patrick was involved with the X-Files at the point when they start introducing the Super Soldiers.  It could not have been a coincidence, imo.

And, obviously, the Terminator films definitely have millenniumistic elements from the standpoint of the apocalyptic and post apocalyptic aspects of the films.

So, does anyone else see any 1013 or MLM connections to the Terminator films?

:hands4: Scott

Scott,

I'll have to think a while to come up with more connections, but I am glad to here that other people noticed the startaling similarity to The Termiater in several episodes from seasons 8 & 9.  There was also a movie that I keep catching just parts of... and for some reason at this mement the title escapes me... that had Lance in it, (been on the Sci-fi channel recently) about some people trying to create what they called "Super Soldures", and the one guy that was a success was morphing into this creature, and when he did, it looked like the same creature that boy was on The X Files - "Hungry"!

Anyway...If I made any sense, and you can think of the title, please refresh my memory!

THIS IS WHO WE ARE

RAVEN WOLF

I am also glad to see that someone else picked up on the Terminator-istic elements of the Super Soldiers eps of the X-Files.  I have never heard anyone else discuss this.

I will have to keep an eye out for the Lance movie.  I am not familiar with it.

Scott

• 5 months later...

there was a terminator nod in a s8 episode:

In the episode "Salvage", Robert Patrick's character comments that you only see metal men in movies. Patrick played the liquid-metal Terminator in Terminator 2: Judgment Day.    ~ imdb.com, I think

I greatly enjoy people who can laugh at themselves.

there was a terminator nod in a s8 episode:

In the episode "Salvage", Robert Patrick's character comments that you only see metal men in movies. Patrick played the liquid-metal Terminator in Terminator 2: Judgment Day.    ~ imdb.com, I think

I greatly enjoy people who can laugh at themselves.

Yes...I enjoyed that when it came out, too.  I love all the little inside jokes like that.

~Raven Wolf :xmas_ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek

Bleh stupid freaking super soldiers.  Yeah, they were very Terminatoristic.  And not in a good way; in a stupid TV movie remake of "The Shining" with the guy from "Wings" kind of way.  I hated those things.

But I can't think off the top of my head of any more connections.  Maybe later.