Pics of Frank Black's Yellow House in Vancouver!

Rate this topic

Guest tempusfugit

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Wow,your very lucky. I'm in love with this house myself and one of my dreams is to go to Vancouver to see the house too. I'm very suprised to see that the family who owns the house now is so kind. Wow !! Sorry to repeat the same thing again but your are very lucky. Thanks so much for the pics :notworthy:

Just one question,the house is it still yellow ? It seems more white than yellow in the pics.

Yes, it does kind of look white, kind of like it did in "The Sound of Snow" when Frank visits it.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
And the loser in the pictures is none other than myself.

I would argue that many here probably think you are the Millennium sweepstakes WINNER!! That's a trip I wish I could afford (and have time for). So, you are the mysterious dark haired beauty from the pictures then. For a second I thought it might be Lucy Butler. Heehee, just kidding about the Lucy part. :oneeyedwinK

Guest tempusfugit
Interesting, I never knew that they switched yellow houses after the pilot. It is a little surprising that the property owners don't get harassed more, but I guess most people have forgotten about Millennium and are more interested in visiting the sets of the newer shows. Oh, and I never knew that the house was used in "Deep Throat". Boy, Tempus, you are full of interesting information. Actually, "Deep Throat" was the very first X-files episode I ever saw, and the rest is history. I had seen the opening music and introduction to X-files, but dismissed it as a documentary type show about the paranormal. After "Deep Throat" I was transformed into a fanatic. It never entered my mind that the house used in the episode was the yellow MM house.

Speaking of Deep Throat, we also got around to eating at the Hill Top Cafe which was the "Flying Saucer Diner" in Deep Throat. But next time you see the episode, the yellow house is the first house Mulder and Scully go visit in the episode, Colonel Budahas' house... you can see some things were renovated between then and Millennium but that's it!

And I do feel like a million bucks right now; I just meant 'loser' in the uber-nerd kind of way. :oneeyedwinK

Hopefully the homeowners would know better than to let Lucy Butler into their home...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Speaking of Deep Throat, we also got around to eating at the Hill Top Cafe which was the "Flying Saucer Diner" in Deep Throat. But next time you see the episode, the yellow house is the first house Mulder and Scully go visit in the episode, Colonel Budahas' house... you can see some things were renovated between then and Millennium but that's it!

And I do feel like a million bucks right now; I just meant 'loser' in the uber-nerd kind of way. :oneeyedwinK

Hopefully the homeowners would know better than to let Lucy Butler into their home...

LOL, I was just teasing, but now I will have to ask someone what a uber-nerd is :oneeyedwinK Wow, you really hit all the hot spots. Was this a tour type thing where someone was available to guide you to these places, or was your group just extremely resourceful in locating all this stuff. I guess if they filmed mainly in Vancouver, most of the sets would be within a finite area. I don't want to grill you for too much information, but do places like "Hill Top Cafe" advertise that they were used in filming, or could someone stop in for a bite to eat and never know they were on hallowed ground?

Speaking of X-files, I don't know if they have the same programing every night, but TNT seems to be pretty dominated by X-files after Midnight. I just woke up from a weird dream and turned it on and whata ya know, Soft Light with Tony Shalhoub is on. I watched a couple of episodes before going to bed and then left it on while I fell asleep with my sleep timer on. I guess it's no wonder I had some weird dreams. I'll have to be on the lookout for favorites like "Deep Throat". That one was my first and still an all time favorite episode.

Guest Janset
Interesting, I never knew that they switched yellow houses after the pilot. It is a little surprising that the property owners don't get harassed more, but I guess most people have forgotten about Millennium and are more interested in visiting the sets of the newer shows. Oh, and I never knew that the house was used in "Deep Throat". Boy, Tempus, you are full of interesting information. Actually, "Deep Throat" was the very first X-files episode I ever saw, and the rest is history. I had seen the opening music and introduction to X-files, but dismissed it as a documentary type show about the paranormal. After "Deep Throat" I was transformed into a fanatic. It never entered my mind that the house used in the episode was the yellow MM house.

Some pics for you :ouro:

Enjoy.

pdvd0687is.th.jpg

pdvd0707ze.th.jpg

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Wow, great pics. How do I miss this stuff? I wonder if I saw "Deep Throat" today if I would have recognized the house without the heads up?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Another thing that would be interesting to know. I see that the house number is still 321 on the new pictures. Is the street that the house is located actually called Ezekiel? That would be an amazing coincidence as I always thought of the name as something that was written into the story. PS, where the heck is Vancouver anyway? Isn't that way up north of Washington? I have always loved Canada, and still do, but unfortunately I have never made it out of Ontario. By the way, has anyone visited Canada lately? I used to go to Canada like I was going to Indiana, but recently, probably due in large part to 9-11, it has become such a pain that I simply never go. The last time I went I got stuck on the bridge for an hour and a half while that asked everyone their life story and checked everyone's trunks, as though a terrorist or smuggler would leave stuff in their trunk to be easily discovered. They don't bother looking in ANY of the places on an automobile where people who are up to no good would hide something, yet they think they are making us safe while they pi@@ away hours of our time. Then, you read articles about vast areas of the border that are not even guarded or watched. HELLO!!! If terrorists or smugglers are coming over, don't you think they would simply drive an off road vehicle over a secluded, non guarded area of the border? It's not like the United States and Canada aren't connected by land for about a thousand unguarded miles. Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent, but now they are talking about needing a $100 Visa to get across to Canada, so bye bye Canada. I will never see you again. And they say "Let's not let the terrorists win". :ranting:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
That's awesome. That Jeep being there had to be surreal expierence. I mean, that's weird.

My guess is that the property owner thought it would be a nice touch and fun for visitors and bought it. From the sound of it, they enjoy the novelty of it and occasional visitors. They certainly seem very hospitable.