Pics of Frank Black's Yellow House in Vancouver!

Rate this topic

Guest tempusfugit

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
My dear pal Bliss, Are you single?

PS, interesting that I don't really ever think of that, and therefore I don't think I know anyone's marital status here. We should have a poll, who here is married, and do they recommend it knowing what they know now. On a serious note, I don't want to offend anyone and sound like I'm trash talking marriage. It's the perfect thing for some people, and 50% of the population find a way to make it work. It's just not for me.

Bliss

didnt mean for it to sound like a jab. Maybe it was out of line for me to ask, but then again you know i am married. Anyway, i am sorry if my comment offended you. Sometimes i do joke around with you about all kinds of stuff, but i am serious when i say you are my friend. I hope no harm is done.

I don't remember what channel it was, but I woke up the other night at about 4 A.M. and flipped on the TV and X-files was on. It was an episode with Mimi Rogers, and I think it was actually from season 9. Not only do I not have the money to buy the series, but I am always doing something on my computer and between Bravo THC, TDC, TLC and flipping around, I almost always find something good on and don't get motivated to go down stairs and get into DVDs. I guess the last time I did that every night was with Six Feet Under. Plus, now that I have given up vodka, there is just something missing from my evenings in the TV room. Something about giving up booze, caffiene, and junk food takes some of the fun out of living :down: but at least I feel better and don't have irritable bowel/acid reflux and my belly is a little smaller :yes: ...... Wow, all that from a post about X-files being dropped by TNT. Sorry about all that.

The Mimi Rogers character, "Diana" was dead and gone by season 9. I think she died in 6 or 7. Whenever "Amour Fatti" aired. (part 3 of The 6th Extinction) Wow.... I'm a tad of an X Files nerd, and in dire need of spell check!

As for Goodbye Charlie, that was an incredible episode, and I'm very proud of them for having the balls (excuse my language...lol) to create an episode like that. However, I'm sure 98% of the population is just not ready to allow a thought/opinion in their minds that does not jive with what they've been taught is right and wrong.

As for the marrage talk, Joe, I'm sure you have not offended our dear friend Bliss. Everyone is different, and is walking a different path in this life. Both of you are quite mature enough to just relax and realize everyone has a different view of life and how they want to live it. I think that's what keeps a show like Millennium alive..... The few of us in the world who are forward-thinking enough to allow everyone to live their own lives and express themselves, without fear of retribution. (though someone should shoot me for my inability to spell, coupled with my need to throw 3 and 4 sylabol words into a sentence, knowing full well I'm typing too fast to be able to look every single damn one of them up in the dictionary....... :fraghim::death: )

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Bliss

didnt mean for it to sound like a jab. Maybe it was out of line for me to ask, but then again you know i am married. Anyway, i am sorry if my comment offended you. Sometimes i do joke around with you about all kinds of stuff, but i am serious when i say you are my friend. I hope no harm is done.

Oh, no I am just chatty tonight, you didn't offend at all. Sorry if it sounded like that. I don't take it as a jab at all. There are many trade offs to the married life. Some people sacrifice some freedom and other things because they have the desire to be married. Some people sacrifice security and some of the benifits because they desire the freedom. It's just a matter of what lifestyle you prefer, I don't judge people based on marital status. I have, however, gotten into conversations about why I prefer not to get married, and had my views taken as an insult or a knock on marriage, which is never my intent.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Bliss

PS, you should know by now that I'm impossible to offend, and as for humorous jabs, I think I'm the king with L@the being gone. For example, I knew you wouldn't mind when I said that you looked a little more fit and better looking in your younger years when you posted the picture of you in the Elvis costume. :rofl:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
The Mimi Rogers character, "Diana" was dead and gone by season 9. I think she died in 6 or 7. Whenever "Amour Fatti" aired. (part 3 of The 6th Extinction) Wow.... I'm a tad of an X Files nerd, and in dire need of spell check!

As for Goodbye Charlie, that was an incredible episode, and I'm very proud of them for having the balls (excuse my language...lol) to create an episode like that. However, I'm sure 98% of the population is just not ready to allow a thought/opinion in their minds that does not jive with what they've been taught is right and wrong.

As for the marrage talk, Joe, I'm sure you have not offended our dear friend Bliss. Everyone is different, and is walking a different path in this life. Both of you are quite mature enough to just relax and realize everyone has a different view of life and how they want to live it. I think that's what keeps a show like Millennium alive..... The few of us in the world who are forward-thinking enough to allow everyone to live their own lives and express themselves, without fear of retribution. (though someone should shoot me for my inability to spell, coupled with my need to throw 3 and 4 sylabol words into a sentence, knowing full well I'm typing too fast to be able to look every single damn one of them up in the dictionary....... :fraghim::death: )

That goes to show how mixed up I get in the later years of the X-files. I can place some episodes, and then others I have no idea when they were. The episode I saw was one where they showed Mulder in a bed with stuff hooked up to him, and he is imagining a perfect life with Mimi (Fowley). Somehow I thought that was the final season, but I might be confusing that with something else. I always thought of season 7 as the season where my enthusiasm started to taper off, but maybe it was season 6.

And yes, Joe didn't offend me in the least, but it can be a touchy subject, hence my use of the phrase "can of worms". Marriage, religion and politics are subjects that I try to stay away from, but I was serious that I really don't know or think of the marital status of anyone here, and it would be interesting to know that side of peoples lives. With you (Raven Wolf), I know you are going to be married soon because of recent discussions here. With Joe, I knew he has a son, but not necessarily his current marital status. With everyone else I'm not too sure, although, based on the averages, I would say the majority (85 or 90%) of the members here are either married or have been married and divorced. I would guess I am probably in the 10 to 15% who is single and never married.

i am glad to know that i didnt offend my little buddy, Bliss

You know personally with me, i thought i would never marry. I didnt get married until i was 30.

Heres a funny story. I went out with my 2 single buddies 2 saturdays ago. Three women in there 50's and not bad lookin keep talking to me and wouldnt say a thing to my friends. When the lights came on afterwards i saw what they really looked like. The lights should of been turned back off.

When i came home i told my wife, "I am glad to be married to you, because if i was single i would attract women in their 50's with leather faces"

She laughed and went back to bed

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i am glad to know that i didnt offend my little buddy, Bliss

You know personally with me, i thought i would never marry. I didnt get married until i was 30.

Heres a funny story. I went out with my 2 single buddies 2 saturdays ago. Three women in there 50's and not bad lookin keep talking to me and wouldnt say a thing to my friends. When the lights came on afterwards i saw what they really looked like. The lights should of been turned back off.

When i came home i told my wife, "I am glad to be married to you, because if i was single i would attract women in their 50's with leather faces"

She laughed and went back to bed

It's a good thing you are married because I myself might have gone after the 50 year olds if I was in your position. :devil::tasty: Then again, I'm pushing 40, so 50s isn't that much of a stretch for me. :yes:

Guest SouthernCelt
It's a good thing you are married because I myself might have gone after the 50 year olds if I was in your position. :devil::tasty: Then again, I'm pushing 40, so 50s isn't that much of a stretch for me. :yes:

At the risk of getting some sarcasm from some of our "gentler gender" members, y'all need to remember that after 40, it isn't the age as much as the mileage that counts. :wtf: