Darwin's Eye

Rate this topic

Guest ignes fatuisi

Guest ignes fatuisi

can anyone tell me if there is a place where i can find the opening monologue of cassie doyle in darwin's eye? the millennial abyss doesn't have a transcript of the episode, and i'm desperately looking for it! thanks!

IF

Guest Jabina

Hi,

no I don't know where you can find that.

By the way I'm new here and actually just wanted to say HI.

Since I don't have so much time you won't hear from me much. I stumbled over the German Forum a few minutes ago and thought it could be interesting to be part of both forums.

Jabina

Guest ignes fatuisi

welcome to the group jabina!

i'm pretty new around here to, trying to get used to the forum, it takes a while. :)

if only i could find that monologue, life would be much better...

IF

Guest Jabina

Thanks for the welcome!

An idea how to get the monologue of Darwin't Eye would be to watch the ep and write the words down. That's what I did to get a monologue out of "Luminary". I guess you don't have the episode!?

Jabina

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome Jabina!

Ignes: Transcript production is moving ahead rather sloooowly, but here's the opening monologue from Darwin's Eye:

----------------

OK. So this is how life’s supposed to be. Over millions of years we move forward, we evolve, in a series of tiny, incremental steps. And each tiny step is a tiny improvement. It has to be. Survival of the fittest - that’s what it’s about. If you don’t move on, you end, or you’re ended.

So, we start with the primal ooze, and we end up with Mozart, Hitler, me. Which explains everything. And explains nothing.

Because not everything evolves. Some things just happen. Like the eye. Even Darwin worried about the eye. The iris, lens, retina. How could any of those things evolve in isolation? How could they be useful on their own? So how did the eye happen? How? By accident. It just happened. We don’t know how. We don’t know. One minute we’re blind, next minute we see. Like the dinosaurs are lords of the earth for millions of years then a big damn rock hits the Yucatan peninsula and they’re gone. Ended.

One minute we’re here. Next minute we’re gone. Accidents happen. That’s life.

(Dialogue)

But what I want to know - what I want to know - is what makes the accident happen. Because something must. Or someone.

-------------------

Libby

• 1 month later...