Buying Millennium season 3 DVD - an odyssey

Rate this topic

Guest MrCox

Guest MrCox

I just want to share a little story about what happened when I bought the third DVD set.

After my mom bought me the season 2 set for birthday (she's great! :wiggle: ) I wanted to complete my DVD collection as soon as possible. So I went to the next DVD shop and there it was: MM the complete season three. 50 € for the German edition. (I know it's much cheaper by now, but ... ah you know. :death: )

As I got home I tore the plastic from the box, began to read the booklet and the descriptions on the DVDs themselves. I was SHOCKED! :angry:

Instead of the sixth disc there was another disc two in it! One disc missing and another one twice. :cry: Immediately I rushed back to the shop. It was possible to replace the set but ... the one I bought was the only one there so I had to wait another week to get the third season! :cry:

To top it all, the clerk told me that such things happen again and again! So be VERY careful when you buy a TV series on DVD! :nope:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I just want to share a little story about what happened when I bought the third DVD set.

After my mom bought me the season 2 set for birthday (she's great! :wiggle: ) I wanted to complete my DVD collection as soon as possible. So I went to the next DVD shop and there it was: MM the complete season three. 50 € for the German edition. (I know it's much cheaper by now, but ... ah you know. :death: )

As I got home I tore the plastic from the box, began to read the booklet and the descriptions on the DVDs themselves. I was SHOCKED! :angry:

Instead of the sixth disc there was another disc two in it! One disc missing and another one twice. :cry: Immediately I rushed back to the shop. It was possible to replace the set but ... the one I bought was the only one there so I had to wait another week to get the third season! :cry:

To top it all, the clerk told me that such things happen again and again! So be VERY careful when you buy a TV series on DVD! :nope:

Wow, that would be so madening to have that happen. I had similar luck with my S3 DVDs. I wanted them as soon as they came out, so I took a chance and bought the region 4 (Chinese) edition. I got the set in the mail, popped one into my DVD player, and they didn't play. I then had to go out and buy a new DVD player. To add to my frustration, the package took a little longer than expected to arrive from China, the packaging was poor, so the box was mangled, the DVDs were in a flimsy plastic holder, not individual cases like the U.S. versions, and the discs were somehow scratched, even though the set was new and factory sealed. Once I got the DVDs working in my new player though, it was all worth it as I was basking in the sheer delight of season 3, months before it was available in stores here. I was later able to sell my Chinese version on Ebay and get some of my money back, so it was more like renting it. Now I just have the U.S. versions of all three seasons in my collection. Hang in there though, the extra wait will just make you enjoy it more when it arrives.

• Elders (Admins)

Sorry to hear about your experiences with the DVD Box Sets. Makes you wonder how often it happens, I've been fortunate so far (although I haven't opened the S1 and S2 box sets of the A-Team I bought for my son yet!). Da da da...! :swingin:

Guest Frank L.

That's frustrating. Never had any problems, only with Season 2 of MillenniuM. When I got home I saw that on the top of the left side there was, I don't know, like it had been wet or something, all wrinkly. Maybe it was just me drooling over it... :grin:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
That's frustrating. Never had any problems, only with Season 2 of MillenniuM. When I got home I saw that on the top of the left side there was, I don't know, like it had been wet or something, all wrinkly. Maybe it was just me drooling over it... :grin:

LOL, That's understandable. After such a long wait, I think I drooled on all three seasons cases.