Space: Above and Beyond game

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

PC Format magazine this month carries news of a Space Above and Beyond mod for the popular real-time space game HomeWorld. I'll dig out the address if anyones interested. The article heaps praise on this wonderful series and carries a screenshot of the mod featuring a Hammerhead space fighter proving you never know when a 1013 show or related news item will pop up! :ouro:

Guest SouthernCelt
PC Format magazine this month carries news of a Space Above and Beyond mod for the popular real-time space game HomeWorld. I'll dig out the address if anyones interested. The article heaps praise on this wonderful series and carries a screenshot of the mod featuring a Hammerhead space fighter proving you never know when a 1013 show or related news item will pop up! :ouro:

Post the address if you will. Although I'm not into this sort of stuff, my younger son (the one with the Master's degree in Computer Science) is into anything electronic involving digital processors, although his job doesn't allow him a lot time for gaming. Space: A&B was one of his favorite shows back when it ran so he might like to know about this. Thanks.

ooh ooh ooh me me me, may i have that address if you find it sir, i loved that show!!!!!thanks

• Elders (Admins)

The links in my last post above guys, it wasn't working yesterday so I corrected it, sorry about that. I think the homeworld game can be had for around a fiver these days on budget, stunning visuals and real-time physics reminded me of S:AAB when I played the demo a few years back. God I miss that show.

The links in my last post above guys, it wasn't working yesterday so I corrected it, sorry about that. I think the homeworld game can be had for around a fiver these days on budget, stunning visuals and real-time physics reminded me of S:AAB when I played the demo a few years back. God I miss that show.

no doubt, really a underated show i thought, good characters and really good storylines, my favorite, the episode where the unit is taken over by the rogue colonel who listens to johnny cash, no one likes him but he leads them to a planet to recover stolen hammerhead fighters, then gets caught in a black hole, the episode ends as you see his fighter slowly drifting into the black hole and you hear "I walk the line" in the background, always thought that episode ending was well done and kind of eerie...anyway, thanks for the link and have a good week....Gunslinger

• Elders (Admins)

I loved that episode too, I think it was called Butts which was the name of the colonel!

I also loved the episode where (Hawkes?) did a solo mission for some time isolated and alone on a hstile planet, sniping the enemy. Brilliant.

I also loved the one with Pearly the tank! Funny as hell!

I hated the episodes with the Silicates and thought they were a waste of time but the space battles were brilliant and inspired. The Hammerhead's were so cool!