Ahhhh, the joy of Gehenna!

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest David Marks
I have this in my computer and just want to share with you. I like details like this.

gehennanotes8bl.th.jpg

Gehenna is one of my favourite episodes

The dark feel of the whole episode and the locations used are great and it deals with many issues including fear of the unknown and drug abuse.

It also deals with the most important topic in my opinion and thats the pursuit of wealth as being the source of happiness

Money has an effect on people, you often here of people saying "Oh money would never change us" but it often does it changes there personality and not always for the better

I love the bit were Mike comes in and says how he has caught the same fish 2 days in a row and thinks the fish and him need a break!!

What I find spooky about the "Legion character" in this episode is that in certain scenes he is almost a spitting image of Frank, the face is really similar especially when he has the "Night Vision" goggles on and in another scene when he has just shut the door on Mike in the industrial oven

Guest betweenthelines

I'm also surprised the Abyss gave it a 3/5 rating. Is 'Gehenna' as good as the very first episode? Well, no. But it was a great follow-up to the pilot. I think the episode deserves a 4/5 rating.

As for the possible supernatural content, I was under the impression that the demons were only products of the kids' drug-induced visions. It never occurred to me that the demons were real until reading this board. Hmm, maybe it's time to give 'Gehenna' a re-watch.

I'm also surprised the Abyss gave it a 3/5 rating. Is 'Gehenna' as good as the very first episode? Well, no. But it was a great follow-up to the pilot. I think the episode deserves a 4/5 rating.

As for the possible supernatural content, I was under the impression that the demons were only products of the kids' drug-induced visions. It never occurred to me that the demons were real until reading this board. Hmm, maybe it's time to give 'Gehenna' a re-watch.

BTL...good points...i have always said that one of the most spooky scenes of MillenniuM was in Gehenna...the night light coming on outside the window, Catherine going over to pull the shades down and sees a flash of a shadow (was it a cat? dog? demon?)...then when she goes downstairs to close the first floor drapes, the camera angle sure makes it look like something is watching her...i STILL get a chill watching that scene....

4th Horseman...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I would agree, but I would actually take it one step further and give the episode a 5 out 5. Personally, and I know I am probably in the minority, but I would give each of the first 4 episodes a 5 out of 5, and the next one, 522666 a solid 4. It's amazing the level of greatness the show maintains right out of the box. As I have mentioned before, there is, in my opinion, a string of "not quite great" episodes soon after 522666, but season one was made up of mostly great ones.

I would agree, but I would actually take it one step further and give the episode a 5 out 5. Personally, and I know I am probably in the minority, but I would give each of the first 4 episodes a 5 out of 5, and the next one, 522666 a solid 4. It's amazing the level of greatness the show maintains right out of the box. As I have mentioned before, there is, in my opinion, a string of "not quite great" episodes soon after 522666, but season one was made up of mostly great ones.

i would have to agree with you. Episodes 1-5 in Season are the strongest in story and character

BTW- Love your avatar Bliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i would have to agree with you. Episodes 1-5 in Season are the strongest in story and character

Thanks, it's my favorite new series, which reminds me, I need to get over to Blockbuster to get disc 3 today. For some reason I can't see what your avatar is, it just appears as a white space with a little red x in it. Maybe my computer is just too old and junky and doesn't have enough memory to display it. I sure do need a new one. :down:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Hmm, now I can see it, Morgan Fairchild right?

• 3 months later...
It also deals with the most important topic in my opinion and thats the pursuit of wealth as being the source of happiness. Money has an effect on people, you often here of people saying "Oh money would never change us" but it often does it changes there personality and not always for the better.

In Sense and Antisense Frank rips his $10,000 check to sort of wash his hands of his involvment with the investigation.

If the love of money is the root of all evil it is also like using a sledge hammer to tap an egg. The check was like an insult that he was merchandise (he could be used). Peter saw that, too. He saw that the D.O.E. (or a division) had used them.