Space: Above & Beyond

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

D995DC9A-595C-4A27-B8C1-DE2FC8E9A4DF.jpeg

Premiered in October 1995 with a 2 hour pilot on Fox. Lasted 23 episodes before being cancelled due to the difficulty of finding a regular time slot. Created, produced, written and run by Morgan and Wong. There was not one episode that they did not have creative involvement in, and 10 of 23 episodes credit them as the writers. The best thing about this show wasn't the sci-fi, action or FX, but the incredibe emotional arcs the characters went through during it's time on air.

Find out more about Space, Above & Beyond here...

Guest Cookyman
I remember this show! - I thought it was ok but found the male lead to be a little to cheesy for my liking but apart from that a good solid little show.  On the haunting of Frank Black one of the aliens from space above and beyond walks past Frank - the look on his face was priceless!   :frank_black:

Guest Justa Fan

I liked this show a lot (guess you can tell by my Avatar.)

I agree with you "Old Man"...not the best Sci-Fi..sorta

softcore Starship Troopers....but anything is better than

countless flavors of Star Trek.

Any series that has Patsy Cline on the juke box is

OK with me!

:yes_big:

I loved this show.  I wish FOX (or someone like Anchor Bay) would release the series on DVD.   Have  a better one.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who wishes he had more than 10 episodes of SAAB on tape)

Guest Polaroid Stalker

Yo, Dave?

I too am a big S:AAB fan! Can you tell me which episodes you have on tape. I am trying to establish a site in homage to the fallen series, and I need to transcribe some episodes. Unfortunately, I have limited resources.

Can you help? I'd appreciate it a lot.

-- Stephen the Stalker :Owls_Ouro_Large:  :Ouro_Large:  :Owls_Ouro_Large:

• 1 month later...
Guest Yaponchik

You probably know about this, but just to be sure.

It is a DVDR copy of the original master tapes used by the broadcasting services.

https://web-worthy.com/saab/merch-video.html#DVD

Their fans are still there, 'beyond the bitter end' :jumping:

David, the guy selling it, is really helpful and it is quality stuff (as I found out myself).

I see Cookyman noticed the cross-over between SAAB and MLM I described somewhere else; all the credit to you  :wink_big:

<font color='#810541'>

I loved this show.  I wish FOX (or someone like Anchor Bay) would release the series on DVD.   Have  a better one.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who wishes he had more than 10 episodes of SAAB on tape)

........i thank god that Anchor Bay exists! they are releasing just an incredible amount of high quality television series,and movies!    

...but the one thing i am most gratefull for is thier bringing out the "HIGHLANDER" series. god,how i loved that show,and there quite a few MM-vets who "cut thier teeth" on "highlander",like Thomas J. Wright and Peter Ellis,etc.   i just got the just released S2 and i'm on the 3rd disc of it. what a job they did on this box set and the eps themselves,remastered from the original elements,and mixd in 5.1,is just amazing. i also LOVE how each ep is prefaced by live commentary from Panzer and writer/prod Abramowitz(SP?). ...plus "the watcher chronicles" for each ep are incredibly detailed and well thought out and executed. and these features are just a few of the many on this set.-(i've read that Adrian Paul does some audio and/or live comentary but i've not come across any yet.)  

...this is one of the first shows as a so-called adult that really clicked with me once the series took off creatively in the middle of S1. this show had absolutely one of THE richest and most fully realized Myth-Archs of any show i have ever seen,including MM.          ....but i digress :wink_big:

anchor bay RULES!

~se7en :ouro:</font>

Guest PROVO_SIX

My best pal makes fun of the fact that I really liked Highlander. I believe he has issues with Adrian Paul's hair and pretty-boy looks.  I'll still watch it if it comes on the tube.

:cool-big:

Guest Justa Fan

(quote]

........i thank god that Anchor Bay exists! they are releasing just an incredible amount of high quality television series,and movies!    

Yep...always top quality work from Anchor Bay.

What they've done with the old Hammer Films is

amazing.  Finding the best prints, trailers, missing

footage.  Their transfers of older films is simply the

best and if a film was recorded in mono they don't

fiddle with it to the point where it sounds like mud!

Hats off to Anchor Bay (and of course se7en).

:smily_tooth_big:

• 1 year later...