The Judge

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest driver8

Something I haven't seen mentioned about this episode is the similarity to an actual case that was only recently in court - in BC, Canada (where millennium is filmed), of all places. Robert Pickton was a PIG FARMER, prosecuted for being a serial killer, and they were finding remains and partial remains on his pig farm - in 2007, a full ten years after this Millenium episode.

That gave me goosebumps.

• 3 years later...

I find myself returning to this episode often. It's probably my favorite out of all the episodes, certainly #1 from S1. One of the things truly exceptional about this show is the dialogue. I can watch an episode over and over again and discover something new at one turn or another. In the case of "The Judge," I recently paid close attention to what Bardale (might be off on the character name), the Judge's last minion, has to say to Frank about the Judge. "Judge says the system is crap and then he gets in bed with the system." He goes on to point out how the Judge filed lawsuits against the SPD, and didn't fight off the SPD when they wanted to take him in for questioning. Bardale, of course, became disillusioned and killed the Judge. "Man was no judge." The actor behind Bardale's character was great. "Are you looking for somebody?" Haha.

Btw, this is one of the first episodes I remember seeing when I was, heck, 12 years old! I almost vividly remember seeing the USPS worker go to the door of the older lady with a package (the tongue!). And I vaguely remember Frank chasing the Frenchman on the bridge from "The Pilot." That said, I don't believe I stuck with the show back then. I was reminded of the show after the X-Files 2nd movie, and I've been hooked ever since.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Admins)

This is one great episode to watch, definitely one of my favourites. Such a great cast and script!

Whenever I see Key Lime Pie mentioned, I think about the image of that man's green tongue!

Screenshot001.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't understand the legion reference except fromt he bible. When Jesus asks the man his name, ( the devil inside rather) He says "legion, for we are many". Lucy butler, if she is legion, is many. I don't think her a shapeshifter, but more an army that inhabits many bodies as many demons. Perhaps she is one body, and can appear to different people as different entities. But I do believe for her to be so powerful, she is a legion of demons working as one.

Pickton was a piece of work. However I don't think he was the first to use pigs to eat dead bodies. I can't name anyone off the top of my head, but it's been known since the dawn of pigs, that they will literally eat anything. Even people.

There was a SK down south that dumped bodies in Alligator alley, or onhis alligator farm, I can't remember. Those too will eat people.

However in Picktons case, he slaughtered the pigs for bacon, and many people ate that bacon before his crimes came to light.

There was a similiar pig farm episode in Criminal Minds where they found a dumpster full of shoes. I was very good and if I remember correctly, it was even in two parts.

I am always reminded of Mark Twain's book, "The Lowest Animal," and this excerpt ~

Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.

This is one great episode to watch, definitely one of my favourites. Such a great cast and script!

Whenever I see Key Lime Pie mentioned, I think about the image of that man's green tongue!

Screenshot001.jpg

Indeed. My favorite episode! The part that always sticks with me (aside

from the green tongue) is the parking lot

dialogue..."Evenin'...evenin'!" haha.