Most disturbing image in Millennium?

Rate this topic

Guest Cookyman

MMMMM!  Steak & Kidney Pies!  Do they serve that with gravy?!

I think one of the most disturbing images for me is when Lucy is removing Ephriam's stables.  Not just the actual shots of the wound & the pulling of the stapples, but also the painful wincing of Dr Fabricant... the way he looked and sounded.  Then you have the calm nurse (Lucy) who is still faceless at this point, but sitting there removing the stapples with no emotion or animation.  The entire feel of that scene is just powerfully disturbing.

Another set of disturbing images is each and every shot and scene of Henri's mother in Paper Dove!  Just that character, in and of, herself was disturbing... I mean first just look at the clothing she is wearing!  Then the voice and accent!  Then her treatment of Henri, and their interactions!  Then those cold peas and spam!  That was the worst for me!  Those cold plates of food and the look on Henri's face upon receiving them!

:laugh_big:

Seriously, I am only half joking about this.  I truly think that woman, and that mother son relationship were incredibly disturbing!

:hands4: Scott

Guest Jabina

The scene where the father is standing at the top of the stairs is from "Sacrament", the episode where Frank`s sister in law is kidnapped.

Yes, and it is Fabricant's kidney Catherine finds in her refrigerator.

Jabina

Guest PROVO_SIX

The scene where the father is standing at the top of the stairs is from "Sacrament", the episode where Frank`s sister in law is kidnapped.

Whew...thanks Jabina.  As age creeps in, memory leaks out.

>SIX

:smily_tooth_big:

Guest Wellington

Hi

I have just seen Gehenna again this morning and I find the giant microwave oven VERY frightening. I get really sick at the idea of burning alive (like the blonde girl in whatsitstitleagain ep) but burning like that, from the inside, is tough on my nerves. The brain is used to physical stimuli that are mainly from outside the body, and every one knows how stinging a burn can be, but I am really not curious to know the sensation of consuming myself from the inside. Not even the chance to suffocate to death with heat...

I am scared of both fire and water (gold medal in swimming, anvil league) and I wish my end will be far from them (always have a pocket knife with me, in case). Dozens of thousands of years of evolution and I still fear the elements...  :thumbsdown_big:

Regards

I hear ya', Wellington! :yes_big:   The whole fire thing is not my scene either! :no_big:  That scene wasn't disturbing to me, so much as NIGHTMARE PROVOKING!!!!! :devil01:

Another disturbing image to me is any of the rape scenes on "Blood Relatives".  Probably 'cause it's more real.  A lot of what's on tv now you can dissassociate from.  I mean, what are the chances you're gonna have an alien burst outta your chest? :alien:  But THAT.....  Yeah... that's definatly on my top 10 list, along with being burned alive!

~Raven Wolf

• 6 months later...
Guest chrisnu

My list of most disturbing scenes from MLM :devil01::

1) Frank and Lucy in flagrante delicto ("Antipas")

2) The boy in the coffin ("Pilot")

3) Frank killing the Polaroid Stalker ("The Beginning and the End")

4) The body in the attic ("A Room With No View")

5) The dead boy, dragged through the river ("Luminary")

6) The torture sessions room ("Skull and Bones")

7) Fabricant's kidney in the regfrigerator ("Lamentation")

8) Emma being buried alive ("Seven And One")

9) Frank's vision sequence ("Jose Chung's 'Doomsday Defense'")

10) The finger in the soup ("The Pest House")

Guest amnesic
<font color='#FFFFFF'>Karen,

I agree with you about "Broken World"... ESPECIALLY having horses myself!  It even inspired a page on my site, PREMAREN.

(Look on the page "The Truth Is Out There")

And, yes, the white horse scene gets to me every time, too!

"Man Is The Crulest Animal"

~Raven Wolf</font>

i found that episode incredibly disturbing as well. But most of all, I found the description of the mares being kept in a constant state of pregnancy for the hormone in their urine to be the most disturbing part. And it wasn't any killer that was doing that.

I found most of the early part of season 1 disturbing. I can't watch the Judge at all because it freaks me out. And the episode with the women who are cut up into many pieces, but all we see are the chalk outlines of the body parts. Eugh!

......there are MANY but one that sticks in my mind over and over is Emma being buried alive in "Seven And One". sh*t I HATE THAT KIND OF THING!!!-(imagine Klea having to act that scene! lol! Valium anyone?)

~se7en :ouro:

i found that episode incredibly disturbing as well. But most of all, I found the description of the mares being kept in a constant state of pregnancy for the hormone in their urine to be the most disturbing part. And it wasn't any killer that was doing that.

Exactly! And, it's actualy happening! In reality!

Some of the most disturbing images that have been mentioned here are on my list as well.

2) The boy in the coffin ("Pilot")
:eyes:

4) The body in the attic ("A Room With No View")
:puke:

5) The dead boy, dragged through the river ("Luminary")
Even more than that, the later scene where that he's beeing autopseed (can't spell), and Frank pulls that bit of a tree-leaf out of him.

High on my list are any scenes with people being burned alive. I still cringe during that scene in Gehenna, where Mike Atkins is caught in that huge microwave, and is banging on the glass, then slides down. (*shudder*)