Favorite One-liner

Rate this topic

Guest Denno

Hi Guys,

I am trying to collect a number of Millennium's funniest lines, scorching retorts or raised eye brow moments and found this fantastic thread. For the most part I'm guessing I can't use any of these as most of the members I couldn't ask permission to quote from any more so I'm hoping we can breathe a little life into this. So, what's your stand out Millennium chuckle moment? Anything shared will make it to the BTFB Blog with a credit, unless of course you don't want your words sharing that is.

So mine has gotta be....

LARA: You shouldn't have any trouble acting depressed.

FRANK: I'm not depressed. I'm just quiet.

Or....

FRANK: This is Lara Means. [to Lara] You remember Catherine.

LARA and CATHERINE: Hi.

LARA: How are you?

CATHERINE: Good.

[There's an awkward pause.]

CATHERINE: I'm sorry. I didn't know that you were working.

LARA: Oh, oh, oh, we're not. I mean, we are, but we're done, almost. I'll just ...

[Lara walks off, embarrassed.]

Or....

A dying Jose Chung struggling to utter his final words to Frank and Peter.

JOSE: Fr...Frank? [Looking at Peter] Gotta love that moustache.

Actually I could go on for ages but wanted to know if you guys had moments to share!

Dont be Dark!

Eth

I have to agree with Eth, one of my all time favorite moments was the scene between Frank, Catherine and Lara.

I also like the scene and lines in Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me. The demons called Frank the "mystery man."

Toby is one of the demons, Sally is his girlfriend.

[in the flashback, Sally smiles nervously, thinking that Toby is going to pop the question.]

SALLY: What is it, Toby?

TOBY: [nervously] Sally, will you m... , will you – mind if we didn't see each other anymore? I'm really tired of you; in fact, you make me sick, you fat, old cow.

[sally's face falls, not expecting this at all.]

TOBY: [voice-over] I could've delivered my lines better, I know, I'm a bit rusty, but they were effective. She ran out of here heartbroken. Now in the old days, I wouldn't have checked on my results, but I was still feeling unsure of myself. So after enough time had passed, I went to her apartment, and the police had just gotten there.

[sally's apartment – night. Police are all over the apartment. Toby goes into the bathroom but is stopped by a cop.]

TOBY: I'm the boyfriend.

[The cop lets him in. In the bathtub, we see that Sally has slit her wrists and bled to death. Toby sits on the toilet and covers his face, crying.]

TOBY: [voice-over] I'm a little ashamed to admit that I was worried. That I might feel sympathy for this being. But seeing her like that only reminded me what ridiculous creatures they are – to destroy themselves over something so fleeting as emotional attachments and biological needs. I was overcome with relief. Plus, it had been such a long since I had notched a soul.

[Donut Hole]

GREB: You see? You've still got it!

BLURK: Just like riding a bike!

TOBY: But that's when I saw him.

[We see Frank in the doorway. He stops and stares hard at Toby, then approaches him.]

TOBY: I don't who he was or what he was doing there, but he knew what I was. I could just tell.

[Toby, in demon form, is sitting with his head in his hands. He looks up at Frank.]

FRANK: [unsympathetic] You must be so lonely.

[The demons look down, knowing the truth in that sentence. The clerk comes out of the kitchen with a platter of fresh fritters; using a pair of tongs, he places them in the display case. Toby wearily gets up – without saying anything, he trudges toward the door. When he is outside, we see him as a human again. Blurk and Greb follow in the same manner. Abum is the last to leave. Just before opening the door, he turns to the clerk, allowing himself to be seen as a demon.]

ABUM: [cheerily] Hey, kid. Great cup of coffee. Keep up the good work. (THE WAITER HAD PEED IN THE COFFEE)

[Abum cackles and leaves as a human. The young clerk is frozen in disbelief and drops the last fritter with a splat.

THEY MUST BE SO LONELY. :signlol: