Favorite One-liner

Rate this topic

Guest Denno

Forgive me.  These are X Files, not MillenniuM, but, I couldn't resist including a couple of my favorite "Scullyisims"! :wink_big:

"I don't need my metal tested."

"I had you.  I had you big time.  "You had nothing."

"My medical opinion?"   "BEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!"

And last but not least.....

"No-one can stop the world, Mulder.  I don't care how many holes the have in their head."

:rofl:  :jumping:  :laugh_big:

~Raven Wolf :alien:

Okay, more great one's.  This time from Beware the Dog.  I just watched it again, to dubb it for someone.  Actually I just watched it not long ago in the course of my consecutive episode viewing of the series.

Okay, the first one is right in the beginning.  When Mary Anne and Paul are pulling up toward Bucksnort in their RV.  Paul indicates that it is time to call it a night.  At which time Mary Anne says, "Oh, we are really in the middle of Hell's Half Acre."  That is such a perfect little MLM joke/reference.  Plus it is soooo perfect for the episode.  That one always stood out to me.

Also, toward he end of the episode, when The Old Man is starts to burn down Michael Beebe's house.  He looks at Michael - who now has an expression of horror and incredulity that his house is being burned down right before his eyes - and says, "Why... I guy like you - I'm sure you covered."

:rofl:

That is sooooooooo The Old Man!  One again, the type casting of MLM characters to actors just is right on!

Scott

Ps. Erin!  I just noticed... the BEEEEEEEP one is from Jose Chung's From Outer Space, isn't it?  That is an hilarious episode!  Very different flavor than Doomsday Defense.

"I'm not depressed.  I'm just quiet."

The instant you say the words "one-liner" and "Millennium" in conjunction with one another I hear Lance Henriksen's hilarious delivery of that quote, a retort to Lara Means from the episode "Goodbye Charlie," echoing in my head.  Talk about priceless Frank Black moments.

Guest PROVO_SIX
"I'm not depressed.  I'm just quiet."

GOOD ONE!  I'm surprised I didn't latch on to this one...a great defense for my brother and I.  This will have to be my favorite adopted MM one-liner.

almost like, "I'm not an alcoholic, I'm just really thirsty."

:laugh_big: to both Dix's post, and Provo's commentary!

I just saw another last night.  It is in Sense and Anti-Sense.  In the beginning of the episode, Patient-Zero is taken to the hospital by the Taxi Driver.  Patient Zero is on a gurnie in a wing of the hospital and telling the Taxi Driver about "the Trucks" again, and that "they are going to kill me" etc.  Meanwhile, out at the nursing station, the two guys, posing as CDC agents, step up to the desk looking grim and official in their suits and humourless faces.  They show the nurse at the desk a picture of Patient Zero and ask if he has been admitted to this hospital.

The look on the face of the nurse is priceless when she says, "I take it you're not immediate family."

:laugh_big:   And it is such classic 1013 humour!

Guest Justa Fan

Raven Wolf...here's one of my favorite X-File zingers:

"Mulder, if this turns out to be Monkey Pee...

you're on your own!"

The Erlenmeyer Flask

:laugh_big:

Justa Fan... I love that one too! :laugh_big:

Scott... (Selfosophy) The "BEEEEEEEP" line is from an episode with the Lone Gunmen in it.... In Las Vagas... The one where John Byers finds Suzane Modeske (Can't spell) again.  Scully gets injected with that Bio-wepon that makes her forget her examination of The Gunmen's friend, who had also been injected with the stuff, and ran out in front of a bus.  She's drunk with the drug, and is calling everyone "cutie".  Langly is with her and asks her what the guy died of, and that's when she says.  "My medical opinion?  BEEEEEEP!" and slaps her hands together.  

I think the name was "3 of a Kind".

~Raven Wolf :smokin: (Raven Wolf) :devil01:

• 2 weeks later...

The following is more than a one liner, and probably not my absolutely favorite of the entire series, but worthy of consideration.  I give it an honorable mention:

Bletch:  "I guess one of us should call the paramedics."

Frank:  "Do you remember the number?"

Bletch: [pause] "Not off hand."

Frank: I'll call. :laugh_big: