522666.... naughty?

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i am refraining from making any comments about this statement

:rofl: I guess I left myself wide open on that one.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Hey, that last one was my 500th post, and I didn't even get an ouro. :down: I guess I knew all along how hard it was to make the jump to Patron, but an ouro would have been nice. Maybe it wont be official, but I am going to promote myself to mega-rooster status. :tongue:

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
i am refraining from making any comments about this statement

Get yer bloody mind outta the gutter Joe!!! :nahah:

Naughty, naughty! LOL

Okay, I am going to add further info about how this ep covered unexplore tv territory. I don't know if anyone mentioned or noticed this, but...

I believe it is just before the actual explosion at the pub, while Dees is up at the parking garage (pardon the pun). If you listen very closely, just before the explosion, you can actually hear a zipper, then a sort slight breathing and grunting.

I couldn't believe it, when I actually noticed it. I couldn't believe they dared to push the limits that much to truly define the character in all his behaviour. And then, to follow it up with the crime scene dialogue, complete with napkin! I really can't believe they were able to get this one past "Broadcast Standards and Practices" I mean with all the on going battles they had with the censors with both MLM and the XFs in order to be able to tell the stories with power and integrity. This one really amazes me.

I think it is this (among many other things) kind of thing that paved the way for shows like CSI to do what they do.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Naughty, naughty! LOL

Okay, I am going to add further info about how this ep covered unexplore tv territory. I don't know if anyone mentioned or noticed this, but...

I believe it is just before the actual explosion at the pub, while Dees is up at the parking garage (pardon the pun). If you listen very closely, just before the explosion, you can actually hear a zipper, then a sort slight breathing and grunting.

I couldn't believe it, when I actually noticed it. I couldn't believe they dared to push the limits that much to truly define the character in all his behaviour. And then, to follow it up with the crime scene dialogue, complete with napkin! I really can't believe they were able to get this one past "Broadcast Standards and Practices" I mean with all the on going battles they had with the censors with both MLM and the XFs in order to be able to tell the stories with power and integrity. This one really amazes me.

I think it is this (among many other things) kind of thing that paved the way for shows like CSI to do what they do.

Wow, I don't think I caught the part about the zipper. :rofl: Now I will have to go back and watch to see if I pick it up. I agree, they were really pushing it with that, and I bet they got a kick out of it when it got past the "Broadcast Standards and Practices". I know Millennium, and the X-files for that matter, had repeated wrestling matches with BS &P, and even poked a little fun at them in Somehow Satan Got Behind Me, so everything they slipped through was probably viewed as a small victory.

They would also take digs at the censors in other ways, as well. I have always thought that the use of the recurring tv static motif used in a handful of eps was a sort of erie techno reference to various things (subliminal messaging, mind control, ghosts in the machine, catastrophic events that would cut off information and communication lines, etc... well, at least that is how it came across to me ... and, Gra... I am alreadying thinking of working this into the profiles along with the recurring Eye mytharc :wink: ).

However, I have heard that the prod team or writers where taking a little dig for all the "static" they had to put up with from the censors.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Naughty, naughty! LOL

'Up at the paking garage...' :doh: Terrible...

Yep, unfortunately I remember every grisly detail from the very first time I saw it (GEEZ, all the episodes I keep saying that I CAN'T remember and with THIS one of all ones I've got total recall... Great...)

Truly some uncomfortable momments...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
'Up at the paking garage...' :doh: Terrible...

Yep, unfortunately I remember every grisly detail from the very first time I saw it (GEEZ, all the episodes I keep saying that I CAN'T remember and with THIS one of all ones I've got total recall... Great...)

Truly some uncomfortable momments...

LOL, somehow it doesn't surprise me that this episode and those details stick in your mind. :oneeyedwinK Yes, I agree, this is not one you would want to watch with the in-laws.

• 2 years later...
Guest Laurent.

Probably 522666... no?

I believe you are either too tired to notice what topic you are posting in, or that, like me, it's been too long since you've seen those season 1 episodes!