Which Episodes Made You Cry

Rate this topic

There are a few for me that got me choked up. One for certain was Covenant. It was mainly the story topic that got me.

The Sound of Snow is the other one. The images of Catherines ghost embracing Frank also tugged on my heart strings.

Am i the only sap here? come on and admit.......was there an episode that made you cry

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
There are a few for me that got me choked up. One for certain was Covenant. It was mainly the story topic that got me.

The Sound of Snow is the other one. The images of Catherines ghost embracing Frank also tugged on my heart strings.

Am i the only sap here? come on and admit.......was there an episode that made you cry

No Joe, I think you are probably surrounded by many saps, myself included. Yes, the ones you mentioned for sure, and especially in Monster when Frank talks in prison about Jordan's birth. This is a topic that I would have to ponder a little more, but if memory serves me correctly, I think the end of "In Arcadia Ego" hit me hardest. Not to switch shows, but the all time most effective tear jerker scene on TV is still, in my humble opinion, the NYPD episode where Bobby dies. The writing and acting is masterful, and no matter how many times I watch it, it still gets to me. But Millennium certainly has its share as well.

• Elders (Moderators)

Covenant is one of them for me, too, especially the scenes where William Garry (John Finn is great!) and Frank discuss, plus the ending where we are told what had really happened in Garry's house at the time of the murders.

Another one is Via Dolorosa and the scene with Emma and her father in the medical facility:

HOLLIS: Hey. This is a really pretty place. And I, I saw your room, and you get your own TV. And I'm going to send for all your books.

[Mr Hollis smiles and lifts her hand and kisses it.]

HOLLIS: I'm so sorry.

MR HOLLIS: You're a pretty girl.

HOLLIS: Don't you know who I am?

MR HOLLIS: I know you're someone I love.

HOLLIS: I'm Emma. And I love you too.

Guest SouthernCelt

I think most MM fans have felt the same about various eps. Covenant and SoS are two of the most emotion-evoking eps plus, for me, the brief scene of Catherine discovering she's sick in "The Time is Now." Though the scene is fleeting, the tearful visage of Catherine saying her silent goodbyes to Jordan and Frank is heart-rending. Heck, I even got a little choked up over "Omerta."

Guest MrCox

Besides "The Sound Of Snow" one of those episodes that can really make me cry is "Wide Open", especially the scenes with little Patricia who lost her parents but just can't understand yet that she will never see them again. The final moment when Catherine can't hold back her tears and Frank comes close to comfort her, that's just heartbreaking. :cry:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Besides "The Sound Of Snow" one of those episodes that can really make me cry is "Wide Open", especially the scenes with little Patricia who lost her parents but just can't understand yet that she will never see them again. The final moment when Catherine can't hold back her tears and Frank comes close to comfort her, that's just heartbreaking. :cry:

Ahh, yes MrCox, excellent addition, I forgot all about that one. definitely a :cry: tear jerker.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

Excellent topic Joe! I think the ones mentioned, SoS, especially the scene you stated and also I believe I agree with Don'tBeSoDark's choice of the scene with Emma's father. Very good! :yes:

One kinda from left field here, because I know you are primarily refering to tears of sadness or sad scenes, but to me personally, from a completely different angle, the sheer beauty and transcendence of 'Anamnesis' really kinda moved me to tears a little and also to a much lesser degree maybe 'Omerta'. (BTW, as a TOTAL side comment, in my lowly wretched opinion I feel quite strongly that the single episode 'Anamnesis' even with it's flaws completely blows 'The Da Vinci Code' outta the stratosphere. Just in sheer emotive power and style since I REALLY did NOT find Tom Hanks or the emaciated chicks performance very believable or moving at ALL! [AND as a side-side comment, do you REALLY think that a genetic descendant of Jesus would be this twiggy, skanky, stick-chick that they showed in the film???!!!! I don't know what you-all's concept of Divine Beauty is, but to me that AINT it!!! :nope: ])

Sorry Joe to deviate from your great topic :doh:

Guest betweenthelines

I agree about 'The Sound of Snow', but I also became sad after finishing up 'Goodbye to All That'. The main thing about GBTAT is that it's the final episode of "Millennium". No more mysteries, no more Group conspiracies, no more religious mysticism. That was it.