The Millenium Episode on X-Files

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i was just wondering who here liked or disliked this episode or not? i thought it was OK. It was nice to see the cross over but it didnt seem to shut the door completely for MM

please............any thoughts?

I would have to watch it again to express any in depth opinions on it, but I thought it was pretty good. It was nice, at the time, to see Frank again, but from what I remember, it didn't really provide any of the closure that was discussed when they made the episode. Like I said, not a bad episode of X-files, but it isn't one that pops into my head when discussing all time favorites.

Guest gmcp

It was a typical episode of the X-Files. I thought it was pretty damn good, I really liked the plotline and the acting... and it had great cinematography.

Remember that it was not an attempt to "wrap up" Millennium -- while it did serve as an epilogue of sorts, everyone at 1013 says it was just an excuse to work with Lance Henriksen again.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
It was a typical episode of the X-Files. I thought it was pretty damn good, I really liked the plotline and the acting... and it had great cinematography.

Remember that it was not an attempt to "wrap up" Millennium -- while it did serve as an epilogue of sorts, everyone at 1013 says it was just an excuse to work with Lance Henriksen again.

If I was with 1013 I would probably have looked for reasons to work with Lance too. As I have probably mentioned, he is my favorite actor, but I can't say that he was until Millennium. Unfortunately, he hasn't really been in anything big sense MM, and nothing of the quality of MM but, in looking at his filmography, he has been in a ton of projects. Maybe I will start to look for some of them. There might be some good ones in the mix. It was fun to see him in "Aliens" today.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

DITTO!!! :bigsmile:

To the naysayers, remember that it WAS an X-Files episode NOT a MillenniuM episode; and as mentioned here by gmcp, I don't feel that it was in any way intended to 'wrap up' anything. It was just a fun story which dipped us into a concurrent timeline with Frank. The zombies were fun too! :yes:

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
If I was with 1013 I would probably have looked for reasons to work with Lance too. As I have probably mentioned, he is my favorite actor, but I can't say that he was until Millennium. Unfortunately, he hasn't really been in anything big sense MM, and nothing of the quality of MM but, in looking at his filmography, he has been in a ton of projects. Maybe I will start to look for some of them. There might be some good ones in the mix. It was fun to see him in "Aliens" today.

Yep, I gotta agree with my friend here :yes: It wasn't until MillenniuM that I truly appreciated Lance. I had seen him in things before ('Aliens' being a good example) and I did always like him, but in MillenniuM he just REALLY shined in so many subtle ways that no other role that I am aware of up to that point had allowed him to do so. BTW, I'm quite sure that you are fully aware of this film since we have talked about it before, but I REALLY liked Lance in 'Nature of the Beast'!!! I like Eric Roberts too, so I think it is quite good, and in my opinion one of Lance's very best! :yes:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yep, I gotta agree with my friend here :yes: It wasn't until MillenniuM that I truly appreciated Lance. I had seen him in things before ('Aliens' being a good example) and I did always like him, but in MillenniuM he just REALLY shined in so many subtle ways that no other role that I am aware of up to that point had allowed him to do so. BTW, I'm quite sure that you are fully aware of this film since we have talked about it before, but I REALLY liked Lance in 'Nature of the Beast'!!! I like Eric Roberts too, so I think it is quite good, and in my opinion one of Lance's very best! :yes:

I'm confused, first you say you have to agree with your "friend", but then you make mention of some of the content of one of my posts. LOL, sorry L@the, I couldn't resist. Nothing like a good zinger to get the morning started. :w00t: Yes, I remember 'Nature of the Beast', and I liked it too. I have to say though, I think the last time I saw it was about 5 or 6 years ago, so it's kind of a blur. In looking it up though, I see that he worked with Brion James, the sheriff from Luminary, in this movie as well. I decided to bring up Brion James filmography to see what he has done lately, and was shocked to see that he died shortly after "Luminary" of a heart attack at the tender age of 54. Speaking of Lance's work in the mid 90s, I am having a hard time placing a film that Lance did during this time period. I remember watching it late at night on HBO when I couldn't sleep. I was kind of surprised because it had some pretty strong hot and sweaty sex scenes, and I had never seen Lance in that kind of a role before. In reading the IMDB review, it sounds like it might have been the movie "Profile for Murder" with Joan Severance. It would be interesting to watch this movie again now, after adding the role of Frank Black to my image of Lance.

Guest betweenthelines

I liked the episode. Yeah, it didn't answer any questions found on the series, but it wasn't supposed to. Isn't that why we have the virtual seasons? :ouroborous: More scenes with Frank Black would have been nice, but there's only so much that can be crammed into a 44-minute production.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I liked the episode. Yeah, it didn't answer any questions found on the series, but it wasn't supposed to. Isn't that why we have the virtual seasons? :ouroborous: More scenes with Frank Black would have been nice, but there's only so much that can be crammed into a 44-minute production.

I think the thing that confused some people was interviews that I saw or heard back then with Lance Henriksen and I believe Chris Carter where they talked about the episode giving them some "closure" regarding the Millennium series. Going in, I didn't expect it to wrap up Millennium in a neat little bow and answer every question but, in looking back, I don't recall this episode as having anything to do with the Millennium show, so maybe Lance was just talking about the Frank Black character and closure for himself. Maybe I don't have a fresh enough memory and I might change my opinion if I watched it again, but from what I recall, Frank Black was more of a side show and with a couple of tweeks of the script, they could have plugged in just about any actor and created a new character. In other words, I think Frank Black was added just for the sake of adding him.

Yep.... I agree. You see, I did not see Millennium when it first ran, and the first time I ever saw Frank Black was on this episode of The X Files. When I saw the commercials, and knew it was supposed to be a crossover, and then saw it, I thought "No wonder that show got cancelled, if all they ever did on it was chase f*ing zombies! :headhurts: Oh.....how wrong I was!!!! :doh: