Best Episode Endings

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

Nothing too complex here: which episodes had particularly strong endings?

I, personally, will have to pick 'Beware of the Dog'. I loved the feeling of uncertainty as to what was going to happen next.

I also liked the ending to 'The Time Is Now'. Catherine dead, Frank in a state of shock... one hell of a way to end a season.

I think I am going to have to go with Good Bye to All That. That finally sort of wrap up, that would have set things up for season 3, but worked very will as a series finale, I thought, even though it wasnt meant to be a series finale. Emma finding her countdown Ouro, the pool of blood and legs behind Peter's desk (who I don't think was Peter), then finally, Frank and Jordan fleeing at the very end. I get chills thinking about it. That final scene seemed so appropriate and fitting to the over all story that had been told. For an ep that was not meant to be a series finale, I think it was a great send off for the series.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Nothing too complex here: which episodes had particularly strong endings?

I, personally, will have to pick 'Beware of the Dog'. I loved the feeling of uncertainty as to what was going to happen next.

I also liked the ending to 'The Time Is Now'. Catherine dead, Frank in a state of shock... one hell of a way to end a season.

I think I will go with In Arcadia Ego, where we go from the joy of the child being born to Janette bleeding to death and Sonny getting gunned down for reaching for a gun that wasn't even there. Talk about a roller coaster ride.

I think I am going to have to go with Good Bye to All That. That finally sort of wrap up, that would have set things up for season 3, but worked very will as a series finale, I thought, even though it wasnt meant to be a series finale. Emma finding her countdown Ouro, the pool of blood and legs behind Peter's desk (who I don't think was Peter), then finally, Frank and Jordan fleeing at the very end. I get chills thinking about it. That final scene seemed so appropriate and fitting to the over all story that had been told. For an ep that was not meant to be a series finale, I think it was a great send off for the series.

Ahhh...yes, my dear.... You just gave me chills with that overview...but then you were always good at giving me chills anyway.... :makingeyes::kissypoo: )

Yes, Graham, I agree....considering how great the rest of "Room" was, sometimes I think the ending could have been a bit less rushed.... and, it was almost like they portrayed Landon as having given up, since they had to go in there and get him. It could have been a better, more uplifting story if he had taken control, since they seemed to have been trying to portray him as a revolutionary...and a "threat" to the system. They could have had him in the middle of some dramatic attempt to lead all these kids out, and have Lucy come in and you think they're all dead...and THEN have Frank find them..... (god, I've gotta get a life other than re-writing Millennium scripts :embarassed: )

• Elders (Moderators)

One of the best in my opinion is the ending to Antipas. The whole scene is magnificent, and Lucy's last two lines there are simply chilling.

One of the best in my opinion is the ending to Antipas. The whole scene is magnificent, and Lucy's last two lines there are simply chilling.
In no order of preference....

1. Force Majure - the way Frank looks at the planetary model as Catherine informs him that Jordan was accepted at Green Valley Day School and that they're "home free until 2010"...

2. Lamentations - Frank continuing Bletches legacy by now taking Jordan up to the very same mountaintop spot that Bletch's father took him to when he was a child, even nearly verbatim quoting Bletch at the begining of the episode with "its the one thing in life that will never change"..i thought this to be the most touching ending of any MillenniuM episode...

3. The Sound of Snow - Catherine's slow fade out at the end was very moving and did provide some closure to her death in "The Time is Now"....

4. Antipas - DBSD - i agree that the ending scene between Frank and Lucy was very intense...

shout to Psycho - I also dont think its Peter lying in the pool of blood at the end of "Goodbye to All That"....

4th Horseman...

• Elders (Moderators)
Lamentations - Frank continuing Bletches legacy by now taking Jordan up to the very same mountaintop spot that Bletch's father took him to when he was a child, even nearly verbatim quoting Bletch at the begining of the episode with "its the one thing in life that will never change"..i thought this to be the most touching ending of any MillenniuM episode...

Oh yes, that's definitely one of the best endings, very beautiful, peaceful, and comforting.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
2. Lamentations - Frank continuing Bletches legacy by now taking Jordan up to the very same mountaintop spot that Bletch's father took him to when he was a child, even nearly verbatim quoting Bletch at the begining of the episode with "its the one thing in life that will never change"..i thought this to be the most touching ending of any MillenniuM episode...

4th Horseman...

Yes, I forgot about that one, and I agree completely. This is one that fits in this thread, but would also make a good pick for the "tear jerker" thread.

Guest Mr Noir

Phew... that's a good question. But I think "Antipas", "The time is now" and "Lamentation" has the best ends. :notworthy: