Vocal ID for your computer

Rate this topic

Guest Wellington

Guest Wellington

Hi

I have just watched the Terminator films back to back, so I clicked with the sight of Lance in the first and the famous Hasta la vista baby in the second.

What would you like to have as a sentence for your vocal ID if you were plugged to the Group's network? Beside of that, if someone could put here a recap of the different ones used in the show and where they come from, I would greatly love it!

Regards

Frank Black: "Soylent Green is people." (from the film Solyent Green)

Peter Watts" "My God, it's full of stars." (from both the book and film, "2001: A Space Odessy")

Lara Means: "Open the podbay doors, please, HAL." (also from "2001: A Space Odessy")

The Old Man: "The time is near." ("Revelations," "The Bible")

In keeping with Roedecker's choice of assigning MLM Group members subtle sci fi references from classic sci fi films as their pass-phrases, I would choose a reference from one of the Kings of all classic sci fi:

"Initiative comes to those who wait." (from "A Clockwork Orange")  First of all, the dark nature, and dark humour of this film, I think makes this reference a perfect MLM pass-phrase.  Also, for me, it is a kind of joke on the whole MLMistic preoccupation with time.

So, there's mind.  Look forward to the rest...

Scott

Guest Wellington

Thanks Scott

As for the sentence from T2, I should have explained that it is Frank's pass in the French "translation" of MM...

Regards

Guest PROVO_SIX

My logon to the GROUP network...

"The Matrix is the world pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."  -- long, but my first choice.

Non-SciFi

"Charlie don't surf" -- Apocalypse Now

"We are all but shadows and dust" -- Gladiator

>>SIX

:Owls_Ouro_Large:

Ooooo, nice picks, Provo!

I especially like the non sci fi picks!  Perfect!  I love that line of Robert Duvals... in fact I love that whole character.  Hilarious!

If I were to go with a Matrix phrase I would go with:

"You are a systemic anomolie inherent in the programing of the Matrix." --The Architect in Matrix: Reloaded

Guest Wellington

Hi

Thinking of what souvenir Roedecker could have of his teen years, I would pick All your bases are belong to us, from I cannot remember the name of the video game.

Or And now for something completely different... it's...,  then show the ourobouros and the countdown, while Python's silly fanfare music is playing, ending by the double boom. No doubt that would introduce a Lance-less episode!!  :laugh_big:

Regards

The megalomaniacal in me is hoping that Roedecker might assign me something along the lines of the classic and oft repeated, "Goodbye, Mr. Bond."

:thinking_big: Hmmmm.....

The only ones I can think of right now are....

"If you build it, they will come."  from "Field of Dreams".

"I am Dances With Wolves!"  Spoken in Sioux, from the movie.

"The good of the many outway the good of the few, or the one."  Star Trek II.

Non-Sci-Fi....

"We're as mad as hell, and we're not gonna take it anymore!"

More to come.....

~Raven Wolf :smokin: