Vocal ID for your computer

Rate this topic

Guest Wellington

I guess I would go for a line from one of my favorite comedy movies.

Why does the big one heckle me?

Oliver Platt from Lake Placid.

"KLAATU BARADA NIKTO."

Excellent choice, Justa Fan!  I'm certain Roedecker would appreciate that one as much as I do.  Inspired choice.

That was exactly my reaction, Dix.  I easily see Roedecker assigning this to someone.   I looooove Army of Darkness, and Bruce Campbell is just hilarious, no matter what he is in.  I love that offbeat, quirky, campy, overdone, yet subtle humour.

Also, I thought of another that I think Roedecker would assign to a group member:

"There are some who call me... Tim?!"

:laugh_big:

Ah, yes, Ash did have a tricky time with that one... Although, the writers of Army of Darkness were providing a tribute in much the same way Roedecker would.  That memorable (or not so memorable) phrase is, of course, the secret pass phrase that controls the menacing robot Gort in the classic The Day the Earth Stood Still.  Remembering how to pronounce it right could mean the difference between life and death!

Guest Wellington

Raven Wolf:

It reminds me of the holographic doctor from Voyager. Had some nice sentences like those too... :wink_big:

Provo_Six:

Other great classic: "this is an ex-parrot!" with the right yell tone... :laugh_big:

There could be countless from them. I am watching Fawlty Towers in the evening, and it is full of good words for that too... "He's from Barcelona"... :thumbsup_big:

Regards

Guest Justa Fan

That was exactly my reaction, Dix.  I easily see Roedecker assigning this to someone.   I looooove Army of Darkness, and Bruce Campbell is just hilarious, no matter what he is in.  I love that offbeat, quirky, campy, overdone, yet subtle humour.

Also, I thought of another that I think Roedecker would assign to a group member:

"There are some who call me... Tim?!"

:laugh_big:

Hey Guys,

Bruce Campbell...overdone?  Campy?

What are you talking about?

Ya should be wacked with The Boom Stick...

ya primitive screw heads!

:sunglasses_big: