Vocal ID for your computer

Rate this topic

Guest Wellington

I don't know why I didn't say this before.... but, to get back to "Millenniumistic" themed ones...

"No-one owns God OR "The Truth" "

And....

"I'm a roving, freelance, forensic profiler!" :grin2:  :jumping:  :rofl:

~Raven Wolf :smokin:

Guest PROVO_SIX

MM-style...sticking with Roedecker's sci-fi references.

Batty on Blade Runner: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

Star Trek TOS "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank."

Old Man: "You have no idea about... true evil."

oooooo.... Blade Runner!  I don't know why I hadn't use one from this film.  This is one of my all time favorite films!

Again... in the Roedecker mindset, I could see him having a little friendly joke on the investigative purpose of the Group, and upon the backgrounds of the members with:

Capt Bryant: "... You're not cop - you're little people."

I can also see Roedecker assigning someone the following, inspired by his "Babe-a-liscious"... um... way of thinking...

Capt Bryant: "...Talk about beauty and the beast - she's both!"

And, one last good one from Blade Runner:

Leon: "Wake up!  Time to die!"

Guest LauraKrycek
Well, frankly (no pun intended), if I had to pick a voice-access phrase for my everyday use, I'd go straight for "Soylent green is people" or "My God, it's full of stars".  If I was picking one for my use as a MM Group member, therefore having those already taken, it'd be harder.  In a MM world where XF was just a show, it'd be "I want to believe".  Perhaps "It's just a game", from Harsh Realm.  Really, when it comes to sci-fi that I watch religiously, it's only 1013, so I don't have many choices.  My favorite movies are things like "The Princess Bride", and that's a totally different vein.

Laura's right... getting right down to it....  If I realy had to pick... though a lot of these are obvious... I'd go with...

"This Is Who We Are"

"Soylant Green Is People"

"The Time Is Near"

"I Want To Beleave"

"The Truth Is Out There"

"Trust No One"

And, for a non-sci-fi, classic film....

"We're as mad as hell, and we're not gonna take it anymore! :angry_steaming_big:

What dya think?

~Raven Wolf :smokin:

Guest PROVO_SIX

I appreciate the shorter ones as legitimate options for voice ID.  6 syllables seems to be a reasonable limit.  Anything more is simply a shot at favorite quotes and one-liners.

This is who we are..."  is what I would set mine to if I had to do it today at work or home.

Guest David Marx

That sneaky Roedecker would probably stick me with

"Fish, plankton, sea greens... protein from the sea!"

From Logan's Run (1970-something?)

:sad_big:

Guest MSandt
I'm not good in picking lines but "I want to believe" is definitely something that means a lot to me. Also Jordan's line "We should leave the monkeys to the trees" could be my another pick - it's scary :eyes:

That sneaky Roedecker would probably stick me with

"Fish, plankton, sea greens... protein from the sea!"

From Logan's Run (1970-something?)

:sad_big:

:laugh_big:   This is great!  That was one of my all time favorit sci fi films!  That is THE PERFECT and most funny Roedecker-esque choice!  Truly inspired!  :laugh_big:   You win the prize for the best pass-phrase ID hands down for this one!  :thumbsup_big:

logansrun1.jpg

:rofl:

Ps.  this one also wins because it is also a millenniumistic tie-in... it is definitely a post-apocalyptic film!