MillenniuM Referrences to The X-Files

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek

the advertising was bad to say the least.

my older brother and i use to watch x-files every week from the very start and i didn't know about millennium till the end of the first season, second to last episode.

to say the least i got hooked.

Must've been bad, because I've always watched a fair amount of TV, and never heard of it.  I found out a friend of mine was an X-Phile one evening, when they re-aired XF ep "Triangle" on a Friday, and I'd started watching just after it first aired and had heard so much about it that I was rushing home to see it.  He stopped to watch most of it with me, and then asked me, "Do you like 'Millennium', too?"  Of course, I had to respond that I'd never heard of it, so he told me it was by the same people and that I should watch it.  I did -- it was "Matroyshka".  I thought at the time that it was unconnected stories every week, because I didn't get it, and I watched a couple other episodes that year, but missed the very last one until it aired on FX.  I was angry when I heard it had been cancelled, but then began to watch it on FX and enjoyed it.  The episodes that really hooked me, though, were "The Curse of Frank Black" and "Monster".  I believe they aired within a day or two of each other at the beginning of that summer, and I've never looked back since.

Guest metlakatla
It's an odd reflection now lo these many years after but the only promo I caught for the show when it originally aired was a trailer in a movie theater. I can remember the freaked out audio and that they had the scene from the pilot where the officers with flashlights are combing the forest. I guess it speaks to the show that years later I can remember the theater in Colorado, what auditorium it was in and exactly who I was with but I can't for the life of me remember what movie I was there to see. Talk about appointment TV. That being said Fox never promoted any of their other Friday night X-files lead-ins Strange Luck, Brimstone etal. I guess I'm grateful Millennium made it past six episodes despite their "enthusiastic" support. Network whores.

Guest Lady 3Jane

a little OT-ish, 'cause all the in-jokes and Co. were named. I think that Harsh realm mention in X-Files Sein & Zeit/Closure Ep was a little poor for a Chris Carter. I can understand that he was disappointed that ist was cancelled so fast and that FOX hadn't supported it with a lot promotion like MLM at the beginning (maybe just in Europe,don`t know the promotion in the US). But these lines like "That's really good." and the repeat them wanted me to puke. We all know that he is (or was? ) an outstanding creator/writer/producer/. So whom he wanted to improve with that? I don`t think that this was an adequate reaction. In the beginning such side-wipes were much more ironic and "bad"...

(sorry for my bad English)

I just noticed this Harsh Realm wink, a couple months ago, and loved it!  LOL!  I almost fell on the floor laughing because the guy that plays the father of the girl that is kidnapped in that episode also played a bounty hunter in the 2nd episode of HR entitled "Leviathan."  I was laughing my ass off.  I thought it was great!

This is more an X Files refference to Millennium, but I was just watching "Hollywood AD" and was thinking of how it seems to be making fun of, well, EVERYTHING...including the XF/MM crossover.  All the To-Foo eating Zombies, etc.

:thinking_big: Anyone else think this?

Guest LauraKrycek
Well, "Hollywood AD" WAS a parody, but it was a parody of the Mark Hoffman bombings in the mid-80's.  As far as parodying MM goes, I dunno.  For those who may not know, this was the 2nd episode of XF written and directed by David Duchovny (you know, the guy who played Bobby Wingood in "Jose Chung's 'Doomsday Defense'"  :;):  :tongue:

:eyebrows_big: Well folks.... It seems i am the only one who likes the XF / MLM       crossover.....  LOL.          nevermind it happens to us all one day....        :sorry-big: