MillenniuM Referrences to The X-Files

Rate this topic

Well, "Hollywood AD" WAS a parody

that was the downfall of the x-files.

the writing just sucked. there was way too many comedies going on and not enough serious ones. i remember one of the seasons 90%, of all the episodes were funny. evry week i just became angrier and angrier. they should of stayed with the old formula. 1 or 2 comedy, 2 or so alien conspiracy, and the rest regular x-files episodes.

i hated to see x-files fall apart like that.

19:19

:Ouro_Large:

Guest LauraKrycek
there was way too many comedies going on and not enough serious ones. i remember one of the seasons 90%, of all the episodes were funny. evry week i just became angrier and angrier. they should of stayed with the old formula. 1 or 2 comedy, 2 or so alien conspiracy, and the rest regular x-files episodes.

Yeahhh, that would be season 6.  That's when I came in, too.  I started watching the day after Thanksgiving, 1998, but by March, I'd seen every episode to date, so I was totally caught up on the whole storyline and though I hadn't had time to really analyze everything, I saw the levels and the changing through the years.  A lot of episodes that year just didn't have a *bing* that made them really great.  They were *good*, you know, and not the worst episodes ever (though Agua Mala sucked frog eggs), but they just didn't make it to those really great levels.  I liked episodes like Monday, that had a comedic level (Mulder wiping out on his floor b\c of the leaky waterbed and banging himself on the head, LOL), but also had the dark side (I still get anxious and despairing when they keep dying over and over again.  Phile's worst nightmare [at the time], to me).  Dreamland I\II I thought were great at the time, but after Morris Fletcher's involvement in later episodes, he's totally just a tainted evil f***er to me now.  I can get no enjoyment from them, other than the one country song that plays in the Ale Inn that no one knows what it is ("I have waited for what seems like a whole light year\Just to see your face once again, my dear\In my memory you are moonlight, starlight\With big dark eyes that send me outta sight\Now I'm staring at the stars\Wondering where you are\Wondering if I'll ever see your face again\Now I'm staring at the stars\Wondering where you are\Please don't leave me here staring at the stars"... etc.).  The last funny episode was "Lord of the Flies", I think... or at least it was the last one that I was able to watch and be genuinely reminded of the old-school funny eps.  It was nice (though the ep wasn't the best, but the guy who played the entomologist is on the French in Action Capretz Method videos that we have here at school LOL as the obnoxious french student who bugs Mr. Capretz all the time.  They're like from the 80's.).

Also, the writers went into a formula where every season, the opener 1- or 2-parter would be aliens, a mid-season 2-parter, and a 1- or 2-parter finale.  So generally 3-6 eps per season were on aliens, but then they switched to supersoldiers and I stopped caring.  I miss(ed) the old aliens... they just kind of threw in that stupid curve.  They should never've tried to bring that in, and forgotten about Billy Miles totally.  Or brought him back in a NON-supersoldier way.

Anyway... I don't know what I just wrote b\c it's really late but it made sense at the time.

So generally 3-6 eps per season were on aliens, but then they switched to supersoldiers and I stopped caring.

exactly.

super-soldier idea was their biggest mistake. i have no idea how it could even sound like a good idea.

they really needed Morgan and Wong!

19:19

:Ouro_Large:

Guest LauraKrycek

they really needed Morgan and Wong!

You know, the media should make a rule that Morgan and Wong have to have a hand in everything that's half-decent.  Everything's better with Morgan and Wong.

You know, the media should make a rule that Morgan and Wong have to have a hand in everything that's half-decent.  Everything's better with Morgan and Wong.

Wouldn't that be over-extending Morgan and Wong?   Anyway, they left to do movie partly because FOX wasn't giving good treatment to their TV shows.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

.......i'm not sure you could even call what M&W have been doing since TV as being "movies".    more like celluloid piles of crap.     ....sad to say but in my view M&W do not seem to be left with anything to say;they ground thier own careers into an abyss of mediocrity.   which is really sad because they turned the x-files from a one-trick pony into the glorious multi-faced creature it became.   no one ever seems to discuss or ponder the fact that maybe there is a reason for the numerous unaired pilots from M&W. perhaps they were not aired/picked up because they were simply not any good?           ...i truly think that M&W are essentialy done. if i'm wrong i'll be the first to cheerlead them,but i've consistently let down by these 2- boneheads since just after owls/roosters. :cry:       .........and then there's C.C.'s post MM work.................................................. :crying_big:  :angry_steaming_big:  :sad_big:

se7en :ouro: