Whos a Shipper and Whos not?

Rate this topic

Guest BitterIllusions

Guest LauraKrycek

The more I look back on "The X-Files", the more I wish that they HAD ended it sooner and just gone on to movies.  It turned into... well, it was kind of like making a cake.  You mix everything together and pop it in the oven.  At first, it's not done, so you're not exactly sure what's going on (season 1).  Then you get it out.  You gotta let it cool, so while it seems to be perfect, you're still not sure (seasons 2 and 3).  Finally, you eat it, and it's the most wonderful thing you've ever had (seasons 4 and 5).  Then you put it in the fridge.  It's not as good cold, but hey, you've had a lot worse (season 6).  After a few days, it's gone a tad bit stale, but you can still eat it if you really want (season 7).  But eventually, the cake's gone all moldy, and really, you just don't want to throw it out because it's been in your fridge so long, it's kind of become part of the scenery (seasons 8 and 9).

Looking back, watching XF in the last two seasons was simply because I had become so totally obsessed with it that I just couldn't bear to pull myself away.  So many others had already, but I just didn't seem to have it in me.  I didn't even really WANT Mulder to come back by that time -- I didn't want to have to see him and Reyes on screen together.  Unless he ripped her face off or something... LOL, I might've gotten into that.  I'm sorry, I just can't stand Annabeth Gish at ALL, really.

And yes, totally, without a doubt -- everything's better with Morgan and Wong.

Guest MSandt

Heh that cake thing was nice :thumbsup_big:

Looking back, watching XF in the last two seasons was simply because I had become so totally obsessed with it that I just couldn't bear to pull myself away.

Yeah the same here although during the last season it was just that I kept my tv open and played with my computer while recording the episodes. I couldn't care less. 43 minutes of torture every Tuesday night. Ever read Tom Mccown's XF reviews? Nothing has ever made me laugh so much as reading what he has to say about the last two seasons - check https://www.insanity.com.au/x-files/breviews.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I kept thinking that they were gonna try to get Scully  together with John Doggett!  I saw the look in his eyes when he looked into the hospital room at the end of DEADALIVE.  He had this weird look on his face.  Like a kind of longing or something.  Then, in DIAMONICUS, that guy was "profiling" Doggett and saying "You want her...." about Scully, and he got OVERLY defensive about it!  There were other things too.

Anyone else think this?

"MULDER?"  WHAT WAS I THINKING?  I NEED SOME SLEEP! :thinking_big:  :laugh_big:

I kept thinking that they were gonna try to get Mulder together with John Doggett!

I am not sure if you meant to say Mulder and Doggett, but... since you brought it up...

I think it would have been cool to have some sort of on going same-sex sexual tension or hints of a relationship on The X-Files.  But, please!  Not between Doggett and Mulder!  LOL!

I mean, I think the X-Files certainly would have had some room for this within it's frame work.  In fact, I would have thought the X-Files, of all shows would have been brave enough to do this.

As it stands presently, the only major sci fi show, that I know of, that was bold enough to explore the topic of non-conventional, and non-hetero sexuality in any real ways was Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Start Trek: DS9.

Yeah, big deal, the XFs had the episode with the gender-morphing Amish-Aliens!  LOL!  That, did not, a ground breaking episode make!  LOL!

Guest LauraKrycek
Well, when originally conceived, the character of Reyes (grrr) was supposed to be a lesbian.  But the writers thought about it and decided not to take it in that direction.  My problem with that is that they probably would've given her more screen time so she could talk about it.  And please, she had way too much screen time as it was.  I guess they didn't want the show to turn into some fanfic or something.

O.K.!  I FIXED IT! STOP LAUGHING! :rofl:

I OBVIOUSLY need a vacation! :p

But, as far as the lesbian thing goes, I was very proud of Gilian Anderson for "All Things", in which that woman who was doing Crop Circle research was a lesbian.  I liked how it was just kind of subtle.  Not a big deal made out of it, which is the attitude all of us should take.  No big deal!  Love doesn't have to fit in a neat little "politicaly corret" little box!

But, I was, in fact, referring to the obvious attraction that Doggett had to SCULLY! :wink_big:

Oh, and 1 last thing.....

the caracter of Reyes (grrr)
:rofl:

Laura, I didn't know that Reyes was originally going to be written as a lesbian.  That's interesting, because of all the characters, I was going to suggest that she would have been the best choice for such a story arc.  I was going to post this in my initial reply about this, but didn't have time at the point.  Very cool.

Erin,

Hey, no fair! You can't edit your statement after I quoted it! LOL!   :laugh_big:

Guest Justa Fan

O.K.!  I FIXED IT! STOP LAUGHING! :rofl:

But, I was, in fact, referring to the obvious attraction that Doggett had to SCULLY! :wink_big:

Hey...ya know I always thought that John

had a thing for Scully.

The way she threw the cup of water in his

face...now that screams...I Love You!

I had visions of Frohike and Doggett dukin'

it out over Scully.  Ah well, another pipe

dream up in smoke..

:eyebrows_big: