Lamentation

Rate this topic

At the end of this epsiode during Franks confrontation with Dr.Fabricant, he tells Frank him "it knows you Frank, it Feeds off your passion"

This scene really makes me think. I guess this is when its letting the viewer know the negative side of his gift. We all know he is the hero but this is part of his burden. Evil knows him and is attracted to him because he can see true evil.

Guest SouthernCelt
At the end of this epsiode during Franks confrontation with Dr.Fabricant, he tells Frank him "it knows you Frank, it Feeds off your passion"

This scene really makes me think. I guess this is when its letting the viewer know the negative side of his gift. We all know he is the hero but this is part of his burden. Evil knows him and is attracted to him because he can see true evil.

Yes, I think you're right. This seems to be confirmed by Lucy in each of her appearances. She (as Legion) seems to see Frank as a challenge because he does know her for what she is unlike most of the other people she eventually destroys in some way or other. Conquering Frank (perhaps driving him mad not necessarily killing him) is one of the few things she finds interesting or 'fun' about her (Legion's) work in our realm. If you'll notice, each time she has failed she's become very angry with Frank and begins to lose her composure.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Ahh yes, a great scene from a great episode. I can't imagine the kind of burden that someone like Frank would have placed upon him, knowing this kind of evil and having to interact with it in daily life. And of top of this, he has the added burden of knowing that he and his family are never safe. To Franks credit, he never does heed Fabercant's warning and run from evil, he confronts it head on, and this is one of the qualities we admire so much about the character. like he says in a couple of episodes, he could have quit the group and quit fighting evil and run away and lived a safe quiet life with his family, but instead he is willing to make sacrifices for the greater good.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yes, I think you're right. This seems to be confirmed by Lucy in each of her appearances. She (as Legion) seems to see Frank as a challenge because he does know her for what she is unlike most of the other people she eventually destroys in some way or other. Conquering Frank (perhaps driving him mad not necessarily killing him) is one of the few things she finds interesting or 'fun' about her (Legion's) work in our realm. If you'll notice, each time she has failed she's become very angry with Frank and begins to lose her composure.

Yes, excellent points regarding Lucy. Her character was such a great concept. I only wish we would have seen more of her. I would also like to see more post Millennium work by Sarah Jane. I have seen "The Invitation" and have seen her in Da Vinci's Inquest, but I will have to take another look at her filmography to see if she has anything else available.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Yes, excellent points regarding Lucy. Her character was such a great concept. I only wish we would have seen more of her.

And..., just exactly HOW MUCH MORE of her would you like to see...??? :nahah:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
And..., just exactly HOW MUCH MORE of her would you like to see...??? :nahah:

I don't know, but the scene on the bed with her and frank is a nice start .

Guest SouthernCelt
I don't know, but the scene on the bed with her and frank is a nice start .

Oooooh! Better watch it! You're going to incur the wrath of the guy from Network Practices and Standards.

• 2 years later...
Guest Laurent.

Pretty good episode eh? One of my favorites of all three seasons!

I was surprised too that they killed a character that had even more screen time than Catherine.

I remember the first time we watched this episode when it first aired. My wife and I were both in shock I mean you don't just kill off a main character like Bletch. Of course that was in the days before shows like 24 and Spooks that went through characters so fast you couldn't keep up.