Lamentation

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.
Did the actor abruptly quit or was he fired back then?

There has been some rumors about on-set feud between Bill Smitrovich and Lance Henriksen... I don't know any of the details though. Not sure I care.

There has been some rumors about on-set feud between Bill Smitrovich and Lance Henriksen... I don't any of the details though. Not sure I care.

BEER----> Next time anyone runs into Lance at a convention or something - please ask him about the situation with Smitovich. Lot of water under the bridge by now, he should be able to reply. Bill's had a lot of work on TV lately that I've noticed.

BELCH

Guest Laurent.

Damn, I always spot my mistake once someone quote them....

Anyway,

@Hippyroo: I know Job had his faith and integrity tested by God who let His protection down, but I don't recall Satan ever trying to tempt him over to the "dark side". Can you correct me if I'm wrong or clarify the parallel you saw?

It does seem like Job story is very similar to what Frank experiences in season two.

P.S. It's been a long time since I've used spoiler-tags for a MM episode. That's just for you Black's Babe. It's really fun to have a brand new fan on the board.

Job 1:11"(U)But put forth Your hand now and (V)touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face."

This is the challenge Satan gave to God. The idea is that Job had sort of a cushy life, but that if you took away his wealth (job) and harmed his family (yellow house and p.m.), made him ill (metal illness of Frank?) and even surround him with friends that give conflicting advice (MM group). he would give up on God - even to the point of cursing God to His face.

Another theme I get from this is that you can give yourself over to the dark side, but it can not force you to become evil. This is why Lucy/Pepper are always making offers to Frank. Like Job, Frank never gives in.

Guest Laurent.

Thanks for the clarification and information hippyroo!

I actually think that this isn't coincidental. Carter turned Mulder in a Christ like character, created Tom Hobbes as a modern Ulysses (or Odysseus to some).. so he clearly likes to develop his series into modern recreation of ancient stories. It is an easy way to put a lot of substance in his work.

Although, the meaning behind Tom Hobbes journey has a completely different meaning than the Homer's original work, but that's another story and I'm going a bit off-topic here.