Scarry millennium?

Rate this topic

Guest Zdenius

Guest Zdenius

have you ever been scared by any millennium episodes?

as a child I was so scarred when Lucy appeared on  the stairs in franks house before she killed Bob. I lived in house with same stairs and I was so many times pissed off when I thought about this scene standing before em... uff! I wish it will never happen to me!  :tongue:

Guest LauraKrycek
Well, I'd already been subjected to gross and scary things on "The X-Files" before discovering MM, so it wasn't so hard as far as that goes.  Now, as far as being just freaked out by the disturbing images, that's another thing.  Whenever I rewatch episodes after a long break, it shocks me to see just how gruesome and macabre it actually is.  A lot of it didn't impress upon me so much back in the day, when I was seeing stuff like that every week, or every day.  I always hold my throat every time Martin slits his throat in PPTD.  However, I always laugh in "The Judge" when the woman at the x-ray machine proclaims "F-foot!  Foot!"  I guess, in short, I'm scared by MM all the time, but it's kind of like a roller coaster; the fact that it scares you is a big reason you keep on coming back.

Guest LauraKrycek
Oh, I forgot to mention something.  The only hour of television to absolutely terrify me was actually the XF episode "Home".  I can watch it fine now, but the first time I saw it on Halloween 1999 (the first time it was allowed back onto FOX after the ban), it terrified me right into tears.  The only thing that's ever done anything nearly that bad to me -- I've been scared before, but there's usually still an air of humor about it, laughing at yourself for being scared.  "Home" was just pure, animalistic, undiluted terror.

Guest MSandt

The first Millennium episode I saw was 'Beaware of the Dog' and its teaser was just horrifying back then. I have had several nightmares about dogs as a result of seeing the episode.

And the second time I saw 'The Fourth Horseman' (about two months ago when I finally managed to download it online) I felt this oppressive feeling during the episode.

The only hour of television to absolutely terrify me was actually the XF episode "Home".  I can watch it fine now, but the first time I saw it on Halloween 1999 (the first time it was allowed back onto FOX after the ban), it terrified me right into tears.  The only thing that's ever done anything nearly that bad to me -- I've been scared before, but there's usually still an air of humor about it, laughing at yourself for being scared.  "Home" was just pure, animalistic, undiluted terror.

I remember seeing Home for the first time in -97 and it wasn't that 'bad' back then but now the violence is a lot more disturbing (I got the fourth season DVD just two weeks ago). It's not scary really - Just as you said - animalistic. Good episode by the way - M & S dialog shined back then. I loved that scene with the pigs :p

Guest Zdenius

Huh, I dont remember the Home episode, maybe I have seen it maybe not.

The problem is that iam missing some MM episodes what is horrible! I havent seen the Judge episode for years. I hardly imagine whats everything there :(

I wish to download the episodes from web page somewhere cos I have problems with the FTP servers :((((((

I bought two original video tapes Episode 1-2, 3 in one store here, very cheap. I was wery lucky! I wish to have all episodes on original video tapes but cos every episode started to being broadcasted in TV they stopped ordering the video tapes over here :(

Would you, could you, die for God?... Because I won't

Ehm, and which episode of MM do you think was the "nicest" one? I prefer the Omerta episode, wow! All the Xmas episodes were really really good! And my most favourite espisode is probably the Micado.  :thinking_big:

• Elders (Admins)

Zdenius,

Have you considered or seen the Millennium on DVD-R project run by Se7en and AndOne? You can find out more by visiting this page on my site which is a full review:

https://www.millenniumdesktop.co.uk/html/mill_dvd_review.htm

I have to say that there's nothing like being able to go and view any episode at will in the comfort of your own living room! To see it there ready and waiting...

sub_amp_left_suuround_small.JPG

Sorry, I have to watch some episodes!

Graham :ouro:

Guest Zdenius

argh! yes thats cool. I heard about this DVDs. but theyre not in such good quality as they suppose to be... hmmm?

where can I purchase this DVD collection old man?  :wink_big:

Parden me for interrupting, Graham, but I have to say this...

"Poor quality"?  WOW!  Are YOU in for a suprise! :eyebrows_big:  I'd never experianced DVD's before last month, and I bought a DVD player, for the sole purpose of seeing Millennium, and I was shocked beyond measure!  After years of seeing the few episodes I'd managed to tape off the Telivison at 1 A.M. on cheap vidio tape, at the longest playing speed, which gives the poorest quality, I was ready to accept anything!  Talk about a pleasant suprise!  It was 10 times better than going to the movies!  I didn't think my 15 year old tv could put out a picture that clear!  And, I had to pinch myself to remind myself I don't have surround sound!  Here's a bit of advice.... Treat yourself!  You'll be glad you did!  Click on the link that The Old Man provided and then contact Se7en about the MillenniuM DVD-R collection!

Guest Zdenius

unbelievable! there are scans of all (?) video tapes. we had completely different covers on the tapes... hmm nice!

I will try to order the DVDs in near future.. yes, it must be definitely better than our video recordings from tv, yeah. But i heard about some mistakes or whatever on this edition.. dont know exactly. but who cares  :wink_big:

also I have somewhere on tape commercial for millennium from one czech tv, it was really cool made, it would be wonderfull to put it on web somewhere but I dont know i will ever do it :(

:sorry-big: