We've built a friendly, welcoming online community... where friendships are created and views valued... drawn together since 2002... from an appreciation of a great and wonderful short-lived television series that despite its darkness, touched and inspired many of us with its intelligence, hope and light... we welcome you, your diversity, your creativity and your thoughts and opinions... for we are all shepherds...
This Is Who We Are
The rules and guidelines for this community "This Is Who We Are" otherwise known as "TIWWA", are basically common sense and what you would expect to find on a well managed website. They exist to protect us, our website and our Members.
We intend for this to remain a friendly place for Millennium fans to enjoy and return to as often as possible!
If your post content, signatures, profile images, etc. are considered disruptive and impact our visitors' enjoyment of our community, we may ask you to refrain from such actions or revoke your access to this community.
Let's get a few basics out of the way...
Awesome areas of community awesomeness...
Our Forums contain topics aka threads for discussion. You can add replies in most forums, rate and react to content. We also have some special Q&A forums where you can up or down vote replies, or mark an response as the accepted answer. We're always open to new forum ideas.
Our Gallery is where you can upload photos and images, create albums, rate, add comments and reviews. Pick the most appropriate area, category or album.
Our Blogs are are where you can view our staff blog and other members blogs.
Our Downloads section is where you can er, download files, like music and screensavers, but also comment and add reviews, or even upload and share your creations.
We reserve the right to add or sometimes remove areas of the community based on usage and cost.
Some site features, storage allowances and functionality may become available at varying levels of free and paid subscription basis in future, but discussion of Millennium will always be free.
Flaming, Trolls and Flaming Trolls
Don't be dark! We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behaviour. Please don't troll or feed the trolls! Anyone deliberately antagonising other users by posting so-called 'flame-bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned if you persist in this behaviour!
For performance and preservation reasons, topics older than a few years are automatically archived (closed and moved to a separate database table). Feel free to start a new topic. Oh, and you can link to the old one if you like.
Religion and Politics, breaking civilisations for millennia...
Hmmm. Sorry, but we no longer discuss or debate religion or politics as it proved very disruptive in the past, it often ruins communities and is not the reason for existence or purpose for this community or website. You therefore agree never to post or promote discussion or debate on religious/anti-religious or political subject matter, unless directly relevant to an episode or plot line of Millennium.
We support officialy licenced merchandise, products and releases
This community and website fully supported Fox's decision to release Millennium on public sale after a long supportive campaign and we would urge all Members and Guests to only support the sale and promotion of official DVD's, media and products in general.
We're sure genuine fans who appreciate the creativity and hard work of the cast and production crew and companies will be supportive of this decision.
So, onto our Guidelines...
- Our rules and guidelines always apply to public content as well as non-public, personal messages.
- Please respect fellow members and staff at all times.
- Any undermining or abuse or unnecessary criticism of community moderators and staff, their actions or their opinions is not permitted.
- We do not permit or support discrimination, bullying or harassment of any nature.
- Please be advised and possibly surprised, that not everyone may have or share the same opinions as you do. All opinions are welcome, provided they are expressed politely and respectfully. We prefer friendly, structured discussion, not aggressive debate.
- Don't be evil! - spam, abuse, flaming and pornography are not permitted and will be removed. Members are encouraged to report such content to us, using the Report Content tools provided.
- As a member, you agree NEVER to post or transmit content or links to any illegal, abusive, obscene, potentially harmful, vulgar, slanderous, libellous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
- Never impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, "TIWWA" community staff.
- Avoid using "TIWWA" features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting (use of all caps) or flooding (continuous posting of repetitive text or topics)).
- Never post or knowingly transmit any virus or malware, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
- Competitor website links should never be included in members signatures or any area of the website without receiving prior consent. Staff may edit or delete such links or content at any time without notice.
- Uploading or transmitting any content or media that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party is not permitted.
- Our staff team consists of members known as Elders (our various volunteer Admins/Moderators), the term Elder not to be confused with similarly named member ranks (based on content/post count).
- Our staff team undertake to always act fairly and responsibly without prejudice to uphold the values, rules and integrity of our community and website, and reserve the right to Promote, Edit/Remove/Move/Re-Open/Close/Lock/Hide/Delete posts, topics and other content permanently or temporarily.
- The Old Man, Graham P. Smith reserves the right to make any final decision and may review a decision made by a member of the Elder Staff to ensure it is fair and inline with our policies.
Naughty folks and other unwanted, manifestations of Legion...
It goes without saying, but we'll say it anyway... disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated, so think twice! Users may be warned up to 3 times before their member account is closed, however the site owner reserves the right to immediately ban and/or notify the members ISP in worst case scenarios.
Creating multiple accounts is not permitted but we understand sometimes happens for genuine reasons and we can merge accounts. However, creating multiple or fake accounts especially with a view to bypassing or circumventing being suspended or banned is of course, strictly not permitted.
Similarly, using or obtaining access to another persons account is not permitted and will likely result in the accounts concerned being closed.
You are welcome to change usernames. Certain names are reserved so as not to confuse the infrastructure of the community. Examples being variations on existing member names. You agree never to impersonate any member of staff.
Please note we have many off-topic areas where members are able to discuss and share opinions on a large range of non-Millennium related issues and subjects. We love both 'on' and 'off' topic content, but hey, let's discuss Millennium some more!
By continuing to use our site, you agree to adhere to our guidelines and conditions.
Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping this community a relaxing and fun haven.