In addition to many small bug fixes, this next release includes:
- For Admins - Accounts flagged as spammers are now more visibly different on the member list in AdminCP
- The Password form helper can now show a "strength" meter, and set a minimum strength required.
Added quite a few new embed providers
- Google Maps (requires free Google API key)
- Admin - Default location for an AdminCP tab honors the admin's ordering
- Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours
- If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it
- Staff - You can now set pre-filled reasons for Warning actions that will automatically populate the member notes editor when a moderator warns a user
- Staff - Escape key will now cancel quick-edit on titles
- Staff - Adds a setting to restrict member birthday view to admins only or to completely disable prompting for birthday to member
- There are now more "save and reload" options in various places to keep your place when editing content or settings
- Staff - New check all box when viewing activity on a member profile for easier moderation
- Staff - You can now hide posts that are unapproved rather than just approve or delete
- Staff - When a moderator changes the status of a report in the ModCP the system now puts a reply in moderator comments noting the change
- Admin - When you see a "could not write file" error the file it was trying to write now shows in the error logs
- You can now quickly edit tags when viewing an item without having to edit it if you have permission
- If you are using multiple devices to login to a site you will be less likely to be logged out
- Tags can now be quickly edited when viewing an item
- Administrators can now create custom RSS feeds for various content
- Staff - Enhancements to IP discovery tools for moderators
- Staff - Actions for reports in ModCP now show when status is changed as a comment
- Admin - Redesigned support tool
- Password strength rating and requirement option
- Guest terms of service alert
- Minimum age requirement
- Admin- Ban Filters are now Word Filters and can set words to automatically moderate
- Display name history is now available on profile view
Some of the most interesting changes:
- Better Analytics Integration
- Tag Quick Edit
- Default Warning Notes
- Custom RSS Feeds
- Word and Link Filters
- Moderation Improvements
- Security and Privacy
- Embeds and Integration
The next big feature is the new Leaderboard which we really think will enhance our community.
The new Leaderboard is designed to better highlight our most active members and content based on reputation and other metrics. The Leaderboard will greatly enhance both member and content discovery on our community.
First you will notice the new feature of member leaders based on a specific time frame. In the example above it is set to All Time showing those members with the most reputation overall in the community. It also shows the content with the most reputation for the same timeframe so you get a snapshot of both popular members and popular content in one view.
The Past Leaders tab (example shown above) shows the "winners" of each day in a history. The system counts all reputation made each day and logs the members who had the top reputation counts that day. Using reputation rather than post count encourages our members to post quality of quantity which is really important to any site.
Those who win the day also get a badge on their profile page (see above example screenshot) to highlight that they were the member with the most reputation for a particular day.
Top Members shows you a list of all members sorted by various metrics. By default you will see members sorted by reputation but you can also easily sort by total post content TIWWA-wide or per-app. All of these views can be linked directly to so if we wanted a menu item to show members who post the most files in Downloads, we can just directly link to that sort view.
There are various settings to control the default behavior of the Leaderboard. We can define the default view and how many members to show which is helpful to tailor it to our needs.
We hope you enjoy this initial launch of the new Leaderboard feature. We are excited about the new content and member discovery abilities this offers and look forward to adding new options to the Leaderboard as it continues to develop!
Embeds and Intergration
Our Community Suite allows for integrations with quite a few third party systems and also can embed content from external sites. We have added a whole new list of embed providers where you can just paste in a link to that site and a nice box will show up embedding the content.
You can do that will many popular sites already and we are adding a lot more:
- Google Maps
Example - you can them just paste in a link to a Google Map location. So when you paste a link to a Google Map in an editor it shows like this:
The maps are also interactive on the screen.
We hope you enjoy all these new additions coming in December.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now