Frank Black's Season Two Home - This blew me away

Rate this topic

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

I've always loved the second season home that Frank Black moved to after leaving the Yellow House. It has such wonderful character; possibly than the Yellow House itself, which is saying something. I really liked the smaller squared windows at the top of the larger windows, and they look great from inside too.

One of the main reasons that I always like it is that back when the show was on TV, my late best friend rented a slightly similar looking house at least the lower half, after he too had to move out of his family home, and his rented home somehow reminded me of Frank's second Millennium home, because it had very wide windows and horizontal blinds that he used to peer through, just like Frank did, and now, looking back when I think about and miss him still, it warms my heart.

Whilst working on the site of late, I was looking at this image of the property as it first appeared in daylight during the Millennium episode, Sense and Antisense (it was first seen at night in Beware of the Dog as I recall):

Screenshot014.jpg

As you probably know, the real life address was never published unlike the Yellow House was. So I decided on a whim to do a quick search on the this image via Google's Lens image recognition mode where you can search by image, and it found a match straight away.

905651-thomson-house.jpg

Next, I was in for a shock. Apparently, back in July 2016, as I understand it, the house came very close to being demolished as the owner wanted to split it into two new, smaller properties. Fortunately common sense prevailed and the application was denied. I'm sure the owner had his reasons, but I'm so relieved glad it didn't get through (in a purely selfish way since it’s really nothing to do with me). Of course, it occurred to me that it may have done so since, or on appeal.

You can read about it here:

https://www.nsnews.com/local-news/north-vancouver-district-scraps-heritage-proposal-3035341

So the article mentions that the 1913 Thomson House at is located at 360 East Windsor Rd (North Vancouver).

From the search results, of the address, I was able to discover more about this amazing home.

It sold in December 2014 for just short of the list price, $1.4 million, presumably Canadian dollars.

Source: https://www.marcopontillo.com/listings/view/369504/north-vancouver/upper-lonsdale/360-e-windsor-road#

360 E Windsor Road
House/Single Family For Sale in Upper Lonsdale, North Vancouver

•     4 Beds
  •     2 Baths
  •     2,990 Sq. Ft.
  •     Built 1913
  • Address     360 E Windsor Road
  • List Price     $1,469,000
  • Sold Price     $1,400,000
  • Sold Date     16/12/2014
  • Property Type     Residential Detached
  • Type of Dwelling     House/Single Family
  • Area     North Vancouver
  • Sub-Area     Upper Lonsdale
  • Bedrooms     4
  • Bathrooms     2
  • Floor Area     2,990 Sq. Ft.
  • Year Built     1913

This 1913 Craftsman heritage home has tons of character and sits on an impressive 13,200 square foot lot on the best block in Upper Lonsdale. This 4 bedroom home features a renovated, open kitchen with Viking gas range, classic white cabinets, caesarstone counters and heated marble floors. The elegant main floor bath has heated marble floors, beautiful fixtures and hand cut tiles. Heritage details include a handsome living room with coffered ceilings, fir floors, wood burning fireplace, custom built-ins, multi-paned wood windows and beautiful light fixtures. The home also has a unique bellcast roof. There is a detached, insulated studio perfect for a home office or studio. The property offers excellent coach house potential.

8623_1056209941_1_1607364039.jpg  8623_1056209941_2_1607364039.jpg 

8623_1056209941_3_1607364039.jpg

So, now, brace yourselves for a further suprise...

It seems that the property was indeed later developed into a 7 bedroom, 5 bathroom luxury mansion which sold for $4.9 million in Sep 20, 2022.

As much as I am saddened to learn that the house I loved is essentially gone, the stunning photographs available on the Lori Rowe real estate website are undeniably mindblowing (as was the price!) and they certainly did an incredible transformation.

https://lorirowe.ca/mylistings.html/listing.r2724321-360-e-windsor-road-north-vancouver-v7n-1k1.97984123

Looking at the photos, I raised a quiet smile upon seeing the lovely heritage windows have been preserved.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

17.jpg

18-floor-plan.jpg

Sales brochure:

360 E WINDSOR Road in North Vancouver_ Upper Lonsdale House for sale in _WINDSOR MANOR_ _ MLS®# R2724321.pdf

Just as with the Yellow House, Frank's second home can be viewed on Streetview and Google Maps:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/FVapPjV1bHv94FF98

I'll be adding it to the main site in the coming days. Looking at the new brightened version, it’s hard to picture The Curse Of Frank Black there.

Of course, now I have to find Frank’s third season home!