The Fake Is Out There at X-Files Creator Chris Carter’s First-Ever Art Exhibition - LA Magazine

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Interesting article by Pamela Chelin of LA magazine on Chris Carter's art exhibition running until March 10th. Pity it isn't for longer but if you can get there, would be a fascinating experience.

"X-Files" creator Chris Carter photographed with memorabilia from the hit sci-fi franchise  (Courtesy Chris Carter)

"The truth is The X-Files creator Chris Carter never intended to put his art out there – into the public eye, that is. For years, he has made art purely for self-expression, which he hangs inside his office in Santa Monica. In Carter’s estimation, that was as public as it was ever going to get. That changed, however, when longtime family friend and LWM gallery co-founder Jim Carter, the son of two-time Academy Award winning production designer and art director Rick Carter, invited him to showcase his art, culminating in The Chris Carter Collection currently being featured until March 10 at the gallery which is located on the cusp of downtown Los Angeles and Boyle Heights."

View the original article at: https://lamag.com/art/x-files-creator-chris-carter-art-exhibition

I think Typewriter is my favourite piece previewed in the article...

Typerwriter by Chris Carter  (Photo by Pamela Chelin)

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

I wonder why these art exhibitions are only on for such a short time? I would love to have gone but it's far from the UK! I bet @Libby and @Viivi would have found it interesting.