Onscreen & offscreen connections

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

I saw the Alien vs. Predator (AVP if you prefer) movie last night for the first time. The movie of course starred Lance in the character of the mega-rich industrialist Charles Bishop Weyland, who put together the expedition 'to make history' by exploring the long-lost pyramid that was actually a Predator hunting ground for the Alien species. This movie was a reprise for Lance playing the human name sake for the two generations of androids (the Bishop series) he portrayed in two of the Alien series of movies.

The expedition team was taken to the pyramid site in Antarctica by an ice-breaker ship named the "Piper Maru." This, of course, is the given name of Gillian Anderson's daughter. The IMDb trivia gets a bit confusing here though, since it says the Japanese ship of that name that was portrayed in a 1993? episode of X-Files was named by Chris Carter for Gillian's daughter; however, her daughter was not born until late 1994, so unless Gillian had a name chosen well in advance of even becoming pregnant, I don't see how CC could have known what the name was to be.

Read more on Gillian and on AVP.

Guest Frank L.

Gillian Anderson's daughter Piper was born on September 25, 1994 - Chris Carter was her godfather (wikipedia).

The X-Files episode 'Piper Maru' from the 3rd season aired on February 9, 1996.

Guest SouthernCelt
Gillian Anderson's daughter Piper was born on September 25, 1994 - Chris Carter was her godfather (wikipedia).

The X-Files episode 'Piper Maru' from the 3rd season aired on February 9, 1996.

I thought '93 sounded too early for that episode. Guess that's an IMDb mistake or else I misread it.