Abyss Ratings for "Bardo Thodol" through "Goodbye to All That"

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

What do you think of the Millennial Abyss' Episode Scores?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Feel free to opine on each of your choices too.

I found this bunch to be about right or within one star. I didn't really enjoy Bardo Thodol that much, so I would probably rate it about a 2. The last three were about right, but I decided to bump Nastalgia up to a 5. I wouldn't really have any problems with any of those last three being rated a 5 though. I would also have to bump Seven and One up to a 4.

Guest ZeusFaber

Interesting. I found "Bardo Thodol" to improve hugely upon repeat viewings, whereas the first time around I was left completely confused. Now I appreciate it a lot more, and would probably give it a 4.

"Nostalgia" is another one of those good old-fashioned episodes for me that nonetheless doesn't reach the highest grades, so I would have given it a 3.

"Goodbye to All That" should have been a 5 in my eyes, but by far and away the biggest travesty is "Seven and One", most certainly deserving a big 5 as one of the best episodes of the series IMO.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Interesting. I found "Bardo Thodol" to improve hugely upon repeat viewings, whereas the first time around I was left completely confused. Now I appreciate it a lot more, and would probably give it a 4.

"Nostalgia" is another one of those good old-fashioned episodes for me that nonetheless doesn't reach the highest grades, so I would have given it a 3.

"Goodbye to All That" should have been a 5 in my eyes, but by far and away the biggest travesty is "Seven and One", most certainly deserving a big 5 as one of the best episodes of the series IMO.

Maybe that's the problem for me, when I break out the Millennium DVDs and try to select an episode for the evening, Bardo Thodol is simply one that never gets my juices flowing, so I have not really watched it very often. I probably saw it when it aired, then once when I got my box set and once when I reviewed season three all the way through, and that's about it. Maybe I'll find myself in the right mood to watch it again one of these nights and try to be more open minded and try to figure it out. I also found the episode to be confusing, and if I remember correctly, almost incoherent.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Discussing the episode here at TIWWA certainly helped me.

Yes, I remember it being discussed, and some good insight being offered by the deeper thinkers on the board. I seem to recall that a few more things made sense to me, which leaves me with simply not having a great deal of interest in the story. I think I rated it a 2, but I guess I wouldn't have any strong objection to the 3 out of 5 from the Abyss.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Aside from 'Bardo Thodol', I pretty much agree with the Abyss here. I thought Bardo Thodol was an excellent episode, advancing the stories of Emma and Frank magnificently. It's a 5/5 episode for me.

I thought Season 3 was very strong overall but Chris Carter's episodes were a bit lacking (though I did really like TEOTWAWKI). 'Seven and One' has many good elements but the first third is rather poor.